Official Member Car Picture Thread

The X in Amish Country

Took advantage of some great fall weather to motor up to Amish country in PA. This was one of my stops in Strasburg to check out some vehicles from another era.
DSC00001-1.jpg

Took advantage of some great fall weather to motor up to Amish country in PA. This was one of my stops in Strasburg to check out some vehicles from another era.
DSC00001-1.jpg

What are those indicators? Does not look original.
Is it a original color?
The car looks great

thanks

Indicators are original '74 style with clear lenses.
Paint is Honda Storm Silver Metallic
Front tires barely fit and I would write a mixed
review on R Compound tires. Stick like
glue but boy are they NOISY with the top on :eyepop:

Indicators are original '74 style with clear lenses.
Paint is Honda Storm Silver Metallic
Front tires barely fit and I would write a mixed
review on R Compound tires. Stick like
glue but boy are they NOISY with the top on :eyepop:

That is a handsome looking X! I really like the paint. And I agree on the tires; very noisy :(

yep... Enkei RPF1s

Size 14 x 7. This size rim was made for the Miata and to fit may require enlarging the center bore to mount them up front... depending on whether or not you use wheel adapters and what size tires you use. Tires are 205/55s all the way around and barely fit in the front. I may swap the front tires for something smaller and use them as spares for the back. The two front rims are bored to fiat diameter. The back uses 4 x 98 to 4 x 100 wheel adapters so no center boring necessary.

Beauty, I knew about them a while ago and spoke to the guys at Tirerack about them. I figured they would take some finesse to fit but good to know it's possible. They look fantastic and I know they are crazy light! My biggest concern was tire availability going forward I knew 15" would be easier to come by...

Unfortunately I ended up selling my X1/9 a few years ago but now on the hunt for another!

Thanks for the reply!

On the road

Got the car on the road for the first time.

IMG_3628_1_1_zps6c3f2d7c.jpg

From this angle you can see one of the rear fender corners from Bob S, and the Valence from Ed in CA. Can't see JJ's Jack, BobR's Brake Pistons, the new floor pans, or the various mechanical bits & pieces from our Fiat-centric vendors.

Hopefully, we'll get some little quirks sorted out in time to enjoy a nice Fall drive or two before the weather changes. Winter will bring more body work and preparation for re-painting.

Brian

My $375 X.

This is my second X, my first one was a 1980 that I had back in high school in 1993. This one is a 1984 that I found when living in Albuquerque, supposedly running when parked...new injectors, flushed fuel tank, waterpump, installed distributor correctly, removed hot wire to fuel pump and installed BMW brake master cylinder reservoir...etc etc. Know runs quite well except for of course a now leaking radiator and the plastic overflow tank needing replacement.

What a transformation!

Doesn't look like the same car you purchased.
Very tastefully done and the color choices and wheels look excellent!
Nice work :nod:

Thanks guys....

Like I said, it still needs a few things.....spoiler, bumpers, re=stitch the interior, etc....but it's not half bad for a garage job by a carpenter. :):)

Back