Official Member Car Picture Thread

My x's

IMG_0709_zps04f06695.jpg
my 1978 X1/9 1500 , rolling project

IMG_0710_zps1994b662.jpg

1975 X1/9 UT project
IMG_0917_zpsb3aa633d.jpg

My "NEW" X 1/9

Just picked this up off Auto Trader Classic, last week. This is the photo I saved from that listing. I'll send more pix, once I get it off the tow bar. I chose the user name "Red Bull 78" because the car has been painted Ford Thunderbird Metallic Red and it came with a front license plate with a Bull on it that says, "Does not play well with others".

My 79' X Finally on here!

Ok, after several years of being seperated from my X1/9 I have finally towed it all 350 miles to my current home in Oregon. I've been anxious to share it with you all & figured at some point if I didn't show some proof you might think I was fibbing about it! So...here it is! Bought in 1991, drove very little over the last 10-12 years. It's like a time capsule for me.....enjoy!

Has the old slotted style mags with knock-offs! Remember those? Very popular in the late 80's & 90's. Wrapped in very rotten/dried up/bald BF Goodrich 185/60/13's.

Gotta love the blue/greenish "petina" paint. All those years parked outside neglected took a toll. The X is now safe and secure in a garage and finally getting some much needed TLC!!

Dig the lovely interior. Thats a (you guessed it!) Audiovox TAPE player, a common find at places like Schucks auto parts back in the day. Missing knobs, but they are somewhere in the depths. Below that is a period correct Realistic (right outta' Radio Shack!) E.Q. and power booster! Also note the external mount ball-shaped speakers on the shelf behind the head rest! Very 80's and even back in the day I got compliments on them. Tight quarters in these little cars made a decent stereo a challenge!

Last but not least, the 1500 carb'd engine that I got as a short block. Freinds dad helped me get it together. I raided most parts like that cylinder head off a strada. I liked it cuz' it had that fuel pump hangin' off the cam tower & was easy to get at. Since we started with a car that had NO engine, just a 5 speed tranny it's pretty simple under there. No smog stuff at all. Never had it, never will! :headbang: Bought the car when I was 19, gonna be 41 in a few weeks . Wow. Time flies, huh? Did the math & realized Iv'e only put 18,000 miles on that motor! Still fresh I'd say! Rooting around in the glove box & under the seats lurked many past time treasures like the "Dead Kennedys-Holiday in Cambodia" cassette tape and my class of 1991 tassle that dangled from the mirror for a few years after high school! Well X web members.....meet the X-bomb! I'd like to thank everybody on here for all your input and help in getting me that much closer to getting back on the road! My last drive got me as far as the end of the block before it conked out, but hey...baby steps right? :)

Street Legal...

Talia is probably not street legal, but I'd drive er' on the streets anyways just to show her off! Nice X! :clap:

Time warp

Dudeman,

Dead Kennedys...You must have come from CA. Love the X-bomb. I have few parts left but let me know if I can be any help as you get her going again.

BTW, Talia IS totally street legal. I drive her to work, to shows, etc. I've done some wild stuff to her interior you might like and can pass on to you (carbon fibre, aircraft vents, suede).

PM me and I will send pics

Time warp!

Yeah, it has been a time capsule for sure. I kinda ran outta time & $$$ to care for it, so I pretty much parked it in early 2000-ish & left it be. Yeah, the Dead Kennedys! Forgot about them! I'm not from CA, grew up in Washington my entire life! I was a skateboarder in my youth, so that might explain it! So Talia is street legal? Thats awesome! I love the flared fenders & the stance. Your X is one hot ride for sure! Once I have my mechanicals up to par and can move on to the fun stuff I am sure I'll be interested in the goodies you have! Thanks!

Back