My Project : Fiat X1/9 "Lido"

Thanks... I'm unsure of why you wanted to...

plate the brackets... but otherwise, money well spent on the bumpers.

Very hard to find!
Two pieces from different countries.
img_3172medium.jpg

Some update :wink2:
img_3229medium.jpg

Re-build radiator ...
img_3230medium.jpg

Twin fan ...
img_3231medium.jpg

coach lines

hi do you intend putting the double silver coach lines [pinstripes] at the end of restoration .if so i would be interested to know where you source them from and if they match the originals as i want to restore the doors on my 78 lido which i have owned since 1981[BLN 50T]thanks

hi do you intend putting the double silver coach lines [pinstripes] at the end of restoration .if so i would be interested to know where you source them from and if they match the originals as i want to restore the doors on my 78 lido which i have owned since 1981[BLN 50T]thanks

Is this what you want? :confused:

img00025-20110621-0807.jpg

I think he means pin striping on the outside, on the body of car. Looks like Lido's had a stripe or two on 'em?
!BOOfgpQBmk~$(KGrHgoH-DsEjlLl1JwPBJtn+HYOq!~~_1.JPG

You'll have to custom recreate the Pin striping for originality.
many of us in the states face this challenge repainting the later 2-tone models.

mmmmm Lido :pimp:

and as it wraps around to the taillight.

pin stripes

thanks for replies, yes i think these pinstripes for a lido would have to be custom made if they were to match the originals in size. i have not been able to find them of the right size ready on a roll on the internet. some pics of my 2 exies

WHAT? Greg, are you saying that you don't...

have one of each of these hidden away in your museum?

I don't believe it!

That Faran... I would think is more of a Dallara-Faran combo... and that Lancia mill, I would assume is in there???

it is the faran that was the demo car for the faran car comp.2 litre lancia beta twin cam engine with weber dcoe 40 twin carbs-running restoration but cooling system problems to be sorted.

TOON... Start a NEW thread PLEASE! It took me...

quite some time to find your latest post and this thread goes back almost 3 years!

For the door cards... if they are in good shape, why not DYE them. Here we use "paints" like Duplicolor Fabric and Vinyl paint that are actually DYES... but are specifically packaged for the auto enthusiast.

I found that HANDBAG & SHOE DYES in larger cans for less money work on the same materials, that being most fabrics, vinyls and leathers. They also make a HUGE amount of different colors and shades... Google them and see what's available and give it a try. The stuff I did came out looking like NEW from the FACTORY!

(Parts of the interior on my Vette which you saw were done to match the "factory" leather seats... and everyone just assumes it came from the factory that way...)

Keep up the good work and keep us posted!

Back