Electric fuel pump

If what you mean by this is...

Does that mean when it is set at TDC if i remove number #4 plug the camshaft will be at the top,if that makes sense

That both the intake and exhaust lobes on #4 will be pointed up at roughly equal angles, then yes, that would be the point where the rotor should be pointed at the #4 wire.

Pete

When you say #4 wire do you mean point the rotor towards #4 plug which is third from the camshaft end

I am sorry i am getting really confused:dunce:

Now you're confusing me!

When you say #4 wire do you mean point the rotor towards #4 plug which is third from the camshaft end

I am sorry i am getting really confused:dunce:

The #4 wire is the wire that goes to the #4 cylinder, which is the one on the transmission end of the engine.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say the the #4 plug is the "third from the camshaft end". The #4 is the one AT the camshaft end - the transmission end of the camshaft.

Pete

To be clear...

Sorry, so point the rotor towards the plug in number 4 cylinder or number 4 on the cap

The rotor may or may not point "towards" the #4 spark plug. If your distributor was re-oriented by someone at some point, it may not. But that does not matter. What does matter is that the rotor is pointed towards #4 on the cap.

Pete

Very nice, but £90 seems a lot considering you are not looking to supply twin 40s and 130bhp, and you are on a tight budget.

Yep, eminently suitable for a standard engine. Someone has confirmed that the pump model is a 40271, which has a 60" suction lift, useful since with the X1/9 the pump has to lift the height of the tank. Good find Greg!

Great thanks guys and girls for everything

I expect i will be pestering you all again when i start to have a go at Rachael's wiring diagram

If you need any bodywork advice i will be glad to help that is the least i can do for all your help

Thanks Shaun

Thanks again to everyone for the advice

I have rigged a set up with the pump budgetzagato recommended is this ok

The wiring diagram from Rachael says to tap into the W/L wire,what does the W/L mean

Thanks Shaun

Back