RIP - Mellow Yellow

Hood pin / key hole

I believe this is designed to keep the hood from passing through the windshield in a front end collision. Because this was not a direct front hit, they are less of a factor.

Special "one off" parts.

Hello Brett,

FYI-

This picture captures just a few of the many unique parts fitted on YOUR car. There are several others. Some are still on the auto. I suspect some might have found refuge elsewhere : )

lookcloser1.jpg

1- Stainless S-Tube fitted with rollover fuel valve.

2- Mounting bracket for FACET type electric
pump with isolation dampeners.

3- Tab bracket with modified fitting(s)
to allow for re-routing of crank breather to
catch can arrangement. With drip leg.

4- Bulkhead access cover. Two piece.

lezesig
'72

Everything Bob said and more!

The car is ONLY salvageable in ROMANIA or ISRAEL though... As I believe Ovi and Herzel are the only two folks with the passion, expertise, resources and MONEY to this kinda thing.

Best to part it out and let the chassis go... and as you said, let the donated parts live on in others.

I also think that reservoir in the back says it all as well. You are indeed fortunate... Bless you!

Thanks Les

Thanks Lez,
I'm hoping to take off as many of the special parts as possible and keep them for other Xs (my future projects as well as others' Xs). Or at least the ones that aren't at the front of the car and damaged. If you are willing to post or email me a list that is easier to parse then the 4 binders of records, that would be AWESOME :) Some of them I know, some are obvious, but some of them I may overlook from lack of knowledge.

Wow, these pics take my breath away. How incredibly upsetting to see your beautiful X in such a way, but also, how incredibly lucky that you or the other party weren't seriously hurt. Just wow.

I can vouch for what Bernice is saying.. My wife drives a big ass Chevy impalla, she hit a concrete barrier straight on, crumpled both front fenders a bit, and cracked the bumper cover.. I brought out my panel beating kit, dolls and hammers, e.t.c.

But wound up using just my hands.. They are made of paper seriously, it's barely tinfoil. A big car is no longer a safe car just because it's big an heavy.. That Chevy is a piece of crap. People at GM should be ashamed.

I know I am for allowing her to buy one. One nice thing is you don't damage the paint soo much while bending body panels with your bare hands.

Don't lean on the Chevy! You'll dent it.

Ps I hate to see that happen to a nice x19 like that.. Build a new one?

Last edited:
Quick response

Hello Ian,

Just don't make it to thr PC much anymore; thus my delay.

The two piece design ?

Mine was degraded as most are. Needed a replacement so fabbed one from stock on hand.

Thought outside the box when it came to a one piece. The lightbulb kicked on as "Hey, wait a minute...nothing says it has to be a one piece. There are plenty of examples on two piece design to ease a maintenance situation"...so it was born.

As you know, it eliminates the need to break tubing connections evertime a person needs access to the flanged pickup assembly contained underneath.

The flat pattern was sketched out on wax paper then transferred to the metal for shaping and forming. Later overcoated with primer and body enamel.

...the Dinner Bell is ringing...

out for now,
lezesig
'72

Of course, of course.......!

......As you know, it eliminates the need to break tubing connections evertime a person needs access to the flanged pickup assembly contained underneath.
...the Dinner Bell is ringing

......another fine example of that famed Lez "outside the square" thinking! :worship:
(Hmmm, now where did I hide those 2 bits of sheet metal........).

....hope dinner wasn't cold, mate!!

cheers, Ian - NZ

Back