Official Member Car Picture Thread

8117_1227404084785_1219530682_678294_737752_n.jpg

Interesting front running lights. What are those?

the lights are some el cheapo led trailer marker lights, they dont do enough resistance to register as turn signals, so i dont have front directionals right now.. im working on that:mallet:

LED Turn signals....

just read about your problem with respect to non-flashing LED bulbs.

I "google'd" and found the following link, which should correct your issue.

http://www.customled.com/products/load_equalizer/load_equalizer.htm

One thing I just read though, the load resistors generate a bit of additional heat so this may be unwanted, but there apparently are some direct connect "Flasher relays" designed for LED lights that don't generate heat.

I'm looking at doing this same mod, but it won't be until the spring now as I'm heading overseas soon for courses and deployment.

I may be away, but I won't be gone.:)

Hope this helps.......(Google is my friend)

Last edited:
Funny!

Its all fun and games until someone comments about the hair!!! 80's hair to be precise! Yikes!
I've had a few more X's over the years besides the three picture above. Like Mac, my first was a 75 in Rosso Arancio, and rusty beyond...well, you know! I still own five parts cars that reside on a friends property out in the sticks. But they're donor cars just the same.

My first X and my current X

The only picture I have of my first '74 X is on a plaque I won when I was autocrossing it back in the early 80's.

Dave

My first '74 X
SCCA1983.jpg

My current '80 X
FiatX19Finished.jpg

FiatX19Finished1.jpg

FiatX19Interior1.jpg

Was feeling a bit "off" with my X lately, due to the long list of jobs that need doing over the winter - then dug this (quite heavily edited) picture out and ... whaddya know, everythings's sweet again and the love affair goes on :)

mod_1871.jpg

this is my work in progress. great find at $500. engine is strong just needs intake manifold gasket and tuning. waiting on parts. a little bit of body rust, getting it mechanically sound first then addressing that. interior in great shape. overall the car just needs a little bit of TLC and a few parts. :)
dsc03164.jpg
dsc03165.jpg
dsc03163c.jpg

Great find.....

That's a great buy man....looks very good. Glad to see an X in Kentucky! A few years ago I spent lots of time in Fiats in Louisville.....the only other Italian car I saw was a Alfa Milano, which I tried to buy! I love Milanos. Of course, Italian cars are sparse in MS too!

Here's mine............

Had my X for six years, spent way too much on it, but hey - I like it....

cat008.jpg

Interior retrimmed
seats.jpg

Body restored and repainted - before;
respray2.jpg

....and after
P7010036.jpg

...time to show off a bit with a few guys from the UK club
houghtontower0003.jpg

..and a few road trips in the summer.........
P6270026.jpg

brought to France with me when I moved over here in winter 2005..
P2250021.jpg

and now lives here with her boyfriend the Lancia
cars025.jpg

Happy ever after!
David.

Back