Official Member Car Picture Thread

dsc000059907108.jpg

dsc000039900757.jpg

The Rocket.

I think I almost bought this car twice.. wasnt there an issue with the title?

Hi everyone, my first post on the new board. Here's my 1984 that I've had since 1994. These pictures were taken about 10 years ago.

9.png

snapontop.png

9front.png

9snapdetail.png

9snaponfront.png

I took these picks back then because someone wanted to see my softtop option. Right now my x is sitting in my driveway waiting for me to get back to it. With any luck I'll get started on restoring it this coming summer.

Take care.

- Loren

French snow.............

S7300789.jpg
[/IMG]..........we don't normally get much snow here on the west coast of France, so this much in two days has caused chaos!

Last edited:
Wow we have been getting large amounts

of snow as well but get some shovels out and get your X into some shelter! :eyepop:

That would be heart attack city if it were me :eek:mg:

Wow Pete,thats a beautiful X you have!!!.Nice color:mallet:Can you tell me how or what you used to mount those aux lights in the front and if possible pics of it? if so you can send them my way to the e-address below.
Thanks much,..Albert

It appears to be a custom bracket mounted on the tow hooks under the bumper mounts.

Wow Pete,thats a beautiful X you have!!!.Nice color:mallet:Can you tell me how or what you used to mount those aux lights in the front and if possible pics of it? if so you can send them my way to the e-address below.
Thanks much,..Albert

Front lights pics....

Thanks for the kind words:)
Most people have told me they like the look, I perticularly like them.

The custom bar that they attach to came with my car as the front bumper and was already drilled for the four lights but I never installed it for 15years it just sat in my garage untill last year just before FFO'09 I went to a local auto parts store and bought the four 6" lights (2 yellow fog lights and 2 white driving lights) and re-painted the custom bar which bolts to the tow hooks and I wired them to a switch inside the car. Although I never turn them on because it is probably illegal I did want them to be working and not just for show just in case I do need to ever find that needle in the haystack:p.

URL=http://img707.imageshack.us/i/p1280508.jpg/]
p1280508.jpg
[/URL]

'PeteX1/9

Here is my oldie...

This is my current X1/9 back in 1989. I lived in Ft. Lauderdale at the time.

Me-and-X-in-89.jpg

Here was another from the same time/place.
FL10.jpg

Last edited:
a few years ago.

currently it has different wheels and tires and engine bay is empty. (b16a is being prepped)
I really miss the sound of the webers.

meandx.jpg

Odie

About carb jetting....

I don't know alot about what other members have done to their engines but I see here that like myself you are running dual carbs. I was curious what jetting you are running, mains and air correctors? And what size venturis you have. My carbs are Weber dual 45 DCOE with 28mm Venturis and for jetting I have quite a range of sizes to pick from but currently I'm running 120mains with 185 Air Correctors.
It works great but I was going to try 115 or even 110 mains in the spring.

Thanks,
'PeteX1/9

I Love the stance of your X....

What size wheels are you running in your full race trim photo and what offset would that be. It looks awesome!!

'PeteX1/9

Tom your Car and engine look gorgeous..

Just for the record I had never seen photos of your engine prior to sending my engine parts out for chroming.:) It looks amazing!!
I asked another member the same question as I'm trying to get a feel of what others are running in their X's for jetting. What size venturis and jets are you running in your carbs? Mains and Air Correctors. My Weber 45 DCOE's have 28mm Venturis with 120mains and 185 Air Correctors currently but I have quite a range of jet sizes in my toolbox so I am open to suggestions. Oh of course, BVHead, SX1 cam, lightened flywheel and 4 to 1 header with freeflow muffler.

'PeteX1/9

Back