Actual alternative motor possibilities?

Ok? Could it be that we kept the best stuff for ourselves? They were all available in auto and manual here. The T4 was available in manual only with a gearbox from 850 (you can tell by R position that is different from other S/V40). I am almost sure the engine is not from Mitsubishi like all other variants of Mk1. T4 doesn't share the displacement from any other S/V40. Mk1 T4 is a shorter variant of the 5 cyl. 850 which is 100% Swedish. But I cannot swear on the latter.
It was and still is quite common on the race tracks here, with both standard 4 cyl. and 5 cyl. (from 850 or V70) engines.
I was looking to buy a Dallara kit from a guy not very far from my home. He put a T4 with drivetrain in his X with no big issues he said. Unfortunately he teared everything down and sold it in parts so maybe the project didn't turn out well. Stupidly enough I didn't buy the Dallara kit that also included plastic front and rear hoods for a bargain. -I considered my car too fresh for sawing her up and I don't have enough space to store all parts.

Hey Bjorn - sorry, I didn't mean the motor was Mitsu - just the chassis is shared. The motor as you said was all Volvo modular whiteblock :D

I wonder how he built the axle conversion for that setup - Even if I used an M66 I would have had to custom build from the Diff out instead of just outer shaft, with no manual T4 axles available.

Since he stripped it, it doesn't sound like it was problem free conversion :D

Shame you missed the Dallara kit though.

Back