Ducktail spoiler needed, ‘74-78 X1/9

ProCoach

The driver is the greatest performance variable.
Affixes to the trunk lid. What do you have? I’m located in NC, Southern Virginia. One like the one pictured.

Attachments

• IMG_0512.jpeg
    IMG_0512.jpeg
    363.5 KB · Views: 24
Back in the day FAZA made them. As @KBabcock said, more recently MWB did a run of them in two styles; as a complete deck lid with integrated spoiler, or just the separate spoiler. But they have not produced any in quite some time and my understanding is they found it cost prohibitive to do another run. Not sure if anyone else is still offering new ones.

I bought mine from Bayless, many years ago. I bonded it on. This is actually the second one they sent me, the first was so poorly made that I sent it back and asked for a replacement.

IMG_20170106_0005_NEW.jpg

Time for a big ass 3D printer to get to work.
Might be worthwhile to ask Matt if he has and would be willing to part with the mold that was used to create the part. Can’t imagine there will ever be a demand that would justify hanging onto it.

Might be worthwhile to ask Matt if he has and would be willing to part with the mold that was used to create the part. Can’t imagine there will ever be a demand that would justify hanging onto it.
I can do that, since I can blow glass here. Yes, I want some help in the back aerowise, but I can’t run the Dallara wing where I race the car.

I can do that, since I can blow glass here. Yes, I want some help in the back aerowise, but I can’t run the Dallara wing where I race the car.
In before everyone )including me) piles on and tells you that the only thing you’ll get is more drag.

I hear you. My office, and my work, is at one of the great race tracks of North America. I have plenty of data including pitot tubes, ride height and strain gauge sensors to measure d/f and of course good speed measuring as well as sector analysis to see where and how much it hurts or helps. I also think it looks cool. 😎

I hear you. My office, and my work, is at one of the great race tracks of North America. I have plenty of data including pitot tubes, ride height and strain gauge sensors to measure d/f and of course good speed measuring as well as sector analysis to see where and how much it hurts or helps. I also think it looks cool. 😎
You might want to take measurements before adding a spoiler. Bets are there isn’t any laminar flow in the back and the best the spoiler will do is keep the taillights clean.

I think this car has the spoiler you're looking for. A bit pricey for just a spoiler, but...it comes with a spare car!

That's excellent. With your abilities we can finally resolve the opinions about rear spoilers. Looking forward to what you learn. :)

You might want to take measurements before adding a spoiler. Bets are there isn’t any laminar flow in the back and the best the spoiler will do is keep the taillights clean.

Yep, for sure. A-B, back to back, then baseline A again. Same day, same tires, same driver, same track.

Back