1982 X

Fiatpwr

True Classic
I have decided to sell my X1/9 . Many of you are familiar with my ownership as it has been well documented on this forum.
I need to cut my losses and focus on my other projects.
Currently the engine and transmission are out of the car.

The engine has been rebuilt. It's stock except for a Midwest Bayless warmed over head.

The motor build is here.

The transmission is also rebuilt and ready to go.

The tranny build is here.

The injection manifold is cleaned and ready for assembly with new hoses and reman injectors.

The interior is pretty sweet.

The underside is painted with POR 15.

The engine bay.

If a buyer is found the a-arms will go in to make it a roller.

Many parts purchased from Midwest are included. New hoses ignition parts, just about everything you will need to assemble the car.

$4200 Located in Royalton Vt.

No way!

Why would you do this?
Everything looks so good! What's up that you don't want to pursue this project?

If timing was better, I'd strongly consider it.

+1
3/4 years down the road I hope there's a deal like this (although I'm sorry you won't finish it),

Wow!

That seems like afantastic deal to anyone in the market for a fantastic X that's willing to do some final assembly...

Wow. Would that I could, some nice work there (which I have seen part of).

Interested

Hi,

Looks like an interesting project. I owned a 79 and sold it about 8 years ago and regretted it ever since. I've owned some American muscle cars and, while the V8 rumble is always fun, there is no comparison in the driving dynamics. I don't do body work, but I can do mechanical and electrical so this could work. Can we connect by phone somehow? The pity is that I was just in Maine and New Hampshire at the beginning of this week and only saw this when I got back home to New Jersey.

Peter

Phone contact.

I am headed out in the morning. Motorcycle camping in Maine. Yeh, you heard me. With the wife, in a tent.

I will have limited internet. To the several people on the hook. I can call and talk Sunday evening. Just PM me your number.

Lets talk rust.

Just to be clear.
The rear end of the car has a few issues.
First the trunk.

This is under the Luggage tray which is in good shape.

I'm not sure why a body shop wouldn't address this. :huh:

Rear fender.

Right rear inner fender. Passenger side.

Rust

Thanks for the extra photos. Now that I've seen those I don't need to waste your time with a call. That's something I can't take on.

Peter

motorcycle camping...

Off topic, but... I love you to tell me how you pack and what kind of bike you ride. I have an FJR1300 and think about this, but have no idea how I'd pack stuff... :p

Off topic, but... I love you to tell me how you pack and what kind of bike you ride. I have an FJR1300 and think about this, but have no idea how I'd pack stuff... :p

Yeah, a little off topic.

Left bag, 2 sleeping bags in 2 compression sacks, 2 sets of cloths for 2 people in another Compression sack. Toiletries.

Right bag, Kitchen (stove, pots, dishes, Air pump, cloths line, cloths pins, water freeze dried food, all kinds of stuff.

The stove set up we use.

Rear duffel, Tent, groumd cloth, 2 kermit chairs, two pairs of walk around shoes, 2 air mats, 2 air pillows, 2 micro fiber towels tent light.

Tank bag,

Ipad, charging stuff, Hero cam, hats, cable & pad lock, ear plugs...

:excited:

Impressive Jon!

That's a lot of gear, very well organized. I've motorcycle camped a few times, but solo. Maybe cross country some day. Good luck with the sale of your X1/9.

Newfoundland

Hey there... Great car by the way, can't believe someone hasn't snapped it up. Anyway.... I'm from Newfoundland, moved to Ontario over 20 years ago. Where did you go on the trip?? One of these days I'm going to get back home on my bike. Ride safe....

FWIW the photos shown by Fiatpwr are hardly pristine in the trunk and "cubby-holes" on either side of the engine bay. But they don't look awful either.

I'm not looking for an X, but none of those photos would concern me if I was. I think the vast majority of X's have similar looking areas (if not much worse) that an inexperienced X buyer would never see. A shop could sandblast, epoxy prime, and paint for a few hundred $$$ I'll bet. You could do it yourself with a wire brush, POR15, and a rattle can for a lot less.

It's an easily remedied small defect on an otherwise very nice X for what he's asking.

Just my $.02

Thanks for the extra photos. Now that I've seen those I don't need to waste your time with a call. That's something I can't take on.

Peter

So... are you saying there are no Hilton's in Newfoundland?

Looks like you coulda bought one with all that gear!

HA!

Good for you two... I'd haveta trailer my medications and other medical paraphernalia with a generator these days... just to go to sleep! Ahhhhh, to be young again!

We once traveled from LA to Bend Oregon over the course of two weeks camping all the way there and back... in about 1973. A simple roof rack and the front trunk held a tent, sleeping bags, food, stove, clothes and all the goodies... for the FIVE of us in a '66 1300cc VW Bug.

Wish I had a picture of that... it hadta be squatting under all the weight but that little 50 hp engine never let us down and usually 3rd gear was all that was needed to climb the big ones. WOW, what a trip!

Thanks for the memories and good luck selling the car. It looks like a great deal for someone out there...

Back