The Saga of an Ebay X...

The List...

A few items for your car, retrieved from the junkyard X:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiatpwr
Missing screw, no biggie. Got one. Do you also need the square white plastic bushing underneath that it screws into?
The interior was converted from brown to black. I like it. But some steps were skipped. Like the brown vinyl around the targa bar, brown seat belts, no cap on the drivers side and broken defrost wire. Will check on black targa vinyl & seatbelt cap (seatbelts themselves are questionable). Defrost wire?
Broken lens. Got two.
Cracked lens. Got one.
Missing sprayer bushing. Both sides are like this. Missing? Just looks like they need to be fastened down into place.
...broken door card clips. Got a few.
Need a O.E. cap. Gone (it was there before, but someone else took it).
missing check straps on both sides. Got one (other side was broken).
The screws here are cross-threaded and loose. Got a few.
Glove box hinge is epoxied and the latch doesn't work. I have just the fix for this, & in black! :grin: No latch though.

Continuing saga...

Since the X is still up in the air from the Accel cable job, I thought I would bleed the brakes and see how everything looks. Two missing bleed caps, 3 missing slider cotter pins. I have extra's. Went to bleed and the rear screws are not metric, and don't turn. To avoid risk of snapping them off,I left them allone. The fronts move, fluid is clean and airless!.:dance2: Also tapped the stripped targa hold down screw holes. 4x.7mm. At this rate I will have the car tip top before the bill of sale comes through.:hmm2::bla::bla:

Cain't wait to drive it......:sigh:

Jon wrote:

>>I payed what I, and I think anyone else would consider top dollar for this car. Not to mention the cost to get it across the country. >>

Hey Jon, don't feel too bad, after all is said and done I'll have around $4500 in my Trabant when it arrives.

1) That's the car itself
2) Transporting it from Hungary with four other customer's cars
3) Getting it through customs and titled in Florida
4) Shipped 900 miles from Miami to Tennessee
5) Importer's profit doing all of the above for me

Maybe too much considering most East Germans abandoned these cars 23 years ago.

Paper work.....

Got the paper work returned from the p.o. Including the title, which I don't need in Vt. Bill of sale is sufficient for a car 15 years or older.

He didn't sign it. :wall:

Hind sight....

When I go back through this thread I here myself saying..... No don't do it! :censored:

This ownership saga is over. I am pretty relieved.

The new owner is super excited and I am happy for him. :headbang:

They say the best two days of car ownership are the day you get it and the day you get rid of it. This is one of those days. :dance:

Congrats.

By the way I have a lot more snow than you (at least at the moment)

Sorry of the bad experience with that car.

:)

You actually have ski areas...we have mole hills, at least in the mitten.

We all end up with at least one lesson car. Or cars with lots of lessons, which I guess is just the course of owning a vintage car.

If I had a place in VT to keep and reassemble it, I was strongly considering acquiring it.

Glad it found a new owner.

What THEY say is NOT applicable to X1/9s... only...

Boats and Horses... Horses are MORE expensive...

(A boat is an endless open void in water that you throw money into... But I enjoyed my sailcraft for 20 years!)

Congrats on the new acquisition!
My parents live in VT and both drive Fiats as well, although they are in southern VT near Bennington. I could be wrong but that looks like you are in South Royalton, I recognize that from the time I spent visiting my Aunt who lives up there.

Congrats on the new acquisition!
My parents live in VT and both drive Fiats as well, although they are in southern VT near Bennington. I could be wrong but that looks like you are in South Royalton, I recognize that from the time I spent visiting my Aunt who lives up there.

:headbang:

The Fox Stand Inn!

I remember this place, we used to eat there all the time! I understand it's been closed for years though.

Back