Wanted a/c condenser

aperdomojr

Daily Driver
Hi all, looking for a late model Bertone a/c condenser. Doesn’t have to be perfect, need it for a mock up reference. So if you’ve got one taking up space I’d love to buy it. 82 or later please with all fitting intact.
Thanks

I realize you said for mock up only. But the original type condensers are not worth reinstalling. There are MUCH more efficient "parallel flow" type condensers that will replace it. And universal sized ones are available that will fit the X, but they are not exactly identical fitting compared to the stock ones. So mocking up with the old one won't help if you upgrade to the better unit later. That being said, I might have a stock one available if you must go that route for some reason. Be aware that any used condenser should not be reused with a rebuilt AC system unless it is thoroughly flushed (there is a proper procedure for that), and tested first. Otherwise you will be redoing the whole thing again soon after. Not trying to be negative about your intended plan, just hoping to save you some headaches.

That’s my goal to replace with a parallel flow unit, want a factory unit in order to look at fittings, routing, etc.
thanks for the concern but definitely not interested in installing a stock unit.
If you do have a late model stock unit I can buy cheap or “rent” so that I can do what I need to do I’d really appreciate
Thanks!

I know we aren't answering your request, but I don't have a stock condenser. I just wanted to point out LarryC's pretty detailed thread on upgrading his A/C system in case you had not come across it. Hopefully someone will have a unit for you to test fit.

You could contact MWB and see if they have harvested any roached out condensers recently.

I know we aren't answering your request, but I don't have a stock condenser. I just wanted to point out LarryC's pretty detailed thread on upgrading his A/C system in case you had not come across it. Hopefully someone will have a unit for you to test fit.

You could contact MWB and see if they have harvested any roached out condensers recently.

I know his thread very well documents the process.
It should be added to the wiki.
Thanks

I have one, but it won't be available until FFO because I'm currently upgrading my A/C! You're more than welcome to it after I get my condenser mocked up.

Hi Jim, what are the fitting sizes to the condenser please; dimension and if they are male or female fittings, that would be of greatest help to me.
Thanks in advance

Back