Restoration Inspiration

Probably one of my favorite colors without flipping!

My son had a 2000 or 2001 WRX Subaru that for about 2 years I thought was BLACK. One BRIGHT day he shows up and I thought he bought a new car!

Organ Donor

I would glad trade one of my excess organs for that! Car is a neck snapper, for us enthusiasts no different than a tall large breasted women in heels. Outstanding job.

Awesome looking car... I am clearly the odd one here but the back spoiler is a bit over the top for me.. Is it adjustable or fixed. Wow... that is a really big... Love the corners.

Matt,

Looks can be deceiving. I think that a total, unbiased QC inspection needs to be done. I think that the SoCal group would be willing to take on this 6-12 month task without asking for compensation. Papa Tony should be the first to start the evaluation, then Rudy, Zonker, etc. Not only will we be willing to perform minor tweaks, we'll give you a full report at the end of all deficiencies and shortcomings that were overlooked at your shop.:)

If we need additional assistance, we can take the car north to Tim Hoover or the SF area FIAT America group to get you all the information needed to get it sorted out correctly.

Always at your service,

Mike

And I would take one for the team

Looks can be deceiving. I think that a total, unbiased QC inspection needs to be done. I think that the SoCal group would be willing to take on this 6-12 month task without asking for compensation. Papa Tony should be the first to start the evaluation, then Rudy, Zonker, etc. Not only will we be willing to perform minor tweaks, we'll give you a full report at the end of all deficiencies and shortcomings that were overlooked at your shop.:)

If we need additional assistance, we can take the car north to Tim Hoover or the SF area FIAT America group to get you all the information needed to get it sorted out correctly.

Always at your service,

Mike

And travel to MWB and then drive the car to the SoCal folk so they can begin their evaluation.

Always at your service,

Mike

And travel to MWB and then drive the car to the SoCal folk so they can begin their evaluation.

And before letting it go back, likely need to send it up to F.U.N. for a good shake-down test as well. :italia:

rodin-f.jpg

-M

I really like those fenders, that is definitely the clean way to widen the body. Reminds me of the 944 body, but not.

I hope it's getting a significant power boost to justify that massive wing!

Tim/Rob,

If Matt is foolish enough to turn that beauty over to us to "evaluate", he ain't never goin' to see that X again.:)

Mike

One thing I liked

in that last photo is that it apears the only damn thing on the car that is "chrome" is the Bertone name plate.

Nice effect. Love this Dallara look a like, Matt, will there be a kit?

Very nice Matt,

What is under the engine cover and at each wheel corner?

Bernice

Indeed. I would really like to know the appropriate wheel offset/ sizing for this kit, as that is as important a decision as the fenders. I'm seriously thinking I should save some pennies for this body kit, wheel & tire choices are a major factor.

Spoiler

I remember reading somewhere that the Dallara spoiler was more about correcting the aerodynamics of the car than providing down force.

Apparently, as the air comes off the back of the roof of an X1/9 it becomes very turbulent and increases the drag coefficient of the car. By adding a spoiler that is effectively the same height as the roof of the car, this phenomenon is reduced.

That said, this could be an old wives' tale for all I know....

I've got a mate who works in the BMW wind tunnel here in Munich. I've always wanted to get my car in there for a quick test as I'd be interested in the Cd readings an X1/9 gets using modern measuring techniques.

Dom.

icsunonove_sketch.jpg

I think it looks really cool, but in general I agree with you Larry. It is an over the top item, but then again it was on the original. I don't hate it in any way, maybe it just doesn't fit my personality. Kinda like the Prototipo snorkel. Love it or hate it, it belongs on a true replica/tribute IMHO.

Of course, if I magically win the lottery and I am building the X of my dreams... who knows, I might say "F$#* yeah, I want the spoiler." :devil:

Dom... it really doesn't matter... In the words of...

"Fernando", Comedian Billy Crystal's fictitious Latin Lover... "Its better to rrrrlook good than to feel good! You rrrrlook maavalous!"

Case in point... George Aspron's Martini Racer...

Engine has been PURE stock for the past many years... looks like it belongs on the track and the license plate is the only thing that does not rrrrlook right on that car.

He just cruises into just about any car show and crowds gather and he brings home trophies! HA!

BUT... not for long as he's been playing with a twin Weber 1600 and that oughtta spice things up a bit!

George and friend... bringing home some more "hardware"...

This is another shot of George and I must say that he and his wing never looked better...

Oh... that's George wearing the light green "hoodie" in the background facing away from the camera. Like I said, he never looked better!

Last edited:
Back