resetting ignition timing after timing belt change

Welcome Old Guy... I think I went through Taft...

once when I made a wrong turn coming home from Morro Bay...

According to Google your little town of 9500 folks appears to have a little of everything except coastline and palm trees. I was unusually impressed to find what appears to be a very affluent First Samoan Church of God right downtown. I guess one really needs to HATE the tropics to move to Taft to get away from them...

Hey... I have cared for a '79 for half my life and possibly am the closest to you... especially if you come south for more supplies...

Do PM me or call if I can lend a hand. I think I see you got the car running... But to answer a few questions... the Condenser off the coil is for minimizing radio interference... and the term "dizzy" is something I first heard here from some "mate" that lives upside down in OZ... (Both terms are easier to spell than "distributor" and "Australia" The term "mate" is synonymous with "dude" and both being four letters, are equally simple.)

Welcome to the Dark Side (X1/9 ownership)... I'm open 7 days a week, 9 - 9. 661-296-7277

Timing issue

I dynoed 650 on alchole with a rat motor, had a dozen distributors in my hand never had one whoop me like this, Stumped.

Yes I have worked in placerita just around the courner, Very intresting M y best buds are Samohan, second gen. Most transfered here for foot ball scolarships. and stayird to raise fams. great peaple. most dads got off the bus and asked where the palm trees are. our shool pamplet was missleading.

it purrs again, just some junk in the main jets (ventury gadgets), still shuts down after a few as you said. but sounds great other than the ICM issue, THANKS DUDE, see you in the AM.

Yur Welcome Tom... Good meeting you today...

Glad the carb-de-gunking thing worked as well.

Hopefully the ICM will fix your other problem.

We're here!

Back