PRESS RELEASE: 2016 X1/9

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff

That's pretty clever Jeff, I'll pay that one, I like it.

SteveC

Good stuff mate! FauX1/9! :laugh:

Beyond all the licensing and copyright and trade mark issues etc., what about crash testing? It may not be a regulatory requirement, but I'd want to know what I was buying didn't fold itself into if I hit a fly at more than 50km/h.

Cheers,

Rob

For sale posts require location and price...

RJH, please include required for sale post information, or the post will be deleted. :fart:

I don't think this is actually a for sale post, I gather it's more of a "what if" scenario as impossible as it sounds.

Item is not for sale.

(1) The post was meant to get a sense of demand and interest from the board if such a production were to happen.

(2) It was also meant to see if the "owner" assembled car would meet all US rules and regulations as a "kit car" vs. a conventional factory assembled car bought from a dealer.

Can this be done?

My concern is the "made in China". Chinese companies are not known for their quality as much as quantity. Chinese metal is not the same as our metal. If you are not Samsung or Apple and do not have representatives at the factory then you will get what they send you. Also, the Chinese factories are know for substituting for substandard parts and redesigning just to save a few pennies. Remember the paint on a little children beads beads that was substituted with hallucinogenic paint because the original manufacture ran out. And then the drywall debacle in New Orleans after Katrina. You really have to be careful of Chinese manufacturing quality. Plus, a lot of us from the Southern US attempt to purchase "Made in Anywhere Else Other than China" as much as possible.
Great idea, wished we could do something like that here.
There is a company in Cal that remakes 1969 mustangs with modern engine tech, over 350,000 a pop.
V/r, Mike

Reads like a for sale post...

The post begins:
PRESS RELEASE: 2016 X1/9 NOW ON SALE

So it is a for sale post. If this isn't the case, edit the post and I'll restore it to the DF.

Body of post has been edited. Wont let me edit topic line. Really belongs in DF.

Let's keep this board lively. If you become a Nazi about censorship, boards and funding tend to die off. I've seen it before. That is why Jerry Springer gets all the ratings.

Your welcome.

That was my thought as well Greg

RJH, please include required for sale post information, or the post will be deleted. :fart:

It certainly wasn't posted as a hypothetical. It was stated that this was ready to roll. I believe it also is a vendor post as this is apparently a corporate venture of RJH, LLC.

So it should have been in FS&W, should have had prices for all items and should have been declared a vendor post. :devil:

Carfeul...

Body of post has been edited. Wont let me edit topic line. Really belongs in DF.

Let's keep this board lively. If you become a Nazi about censorship, boards and funding tend to die off. I've seen it before. That is why Jerry Springer gets all the ratings.

Your welcome.

RJH, public rants about moderation are a good way to get banned. Enough of your recent posts have been more than lively and have become problematic. If you continue to troll, a ban is certain. Consider this a final warning.

Congratulations...

Last edited by RJH; Today at 8:15 am. Reason: Xweb Nazi is asking me to edit.

RJH is now read-only for one week. Your moderator team doesn't play hardball often but we will when deliberately challenged.

You should apologize Richard. Not sure why you're always fishing.
Just buy an X1/9 and have fun.
I know I was really trying to help you behind the schene.
Why does your X1/9 search have to be a prestine example?
Bizarre.
Just get a good runner and have fun.
Most of us "on this board" have multiple X1/9s already so why would we want to join in on your odd scenarios?

I have more fun in my "utilitarian" X1/9s then my mint examples that get polished with a diaper.
No worries where I park or missiles from the birds up above or stone chips,rain storms ect..
Matter a fact I'll take the 3 hour trip up to NE meet next month in one.

Just crazy the way you present yourself to group of people that would be in your corner.

Here I am today going through which one I have more faith in taking the trip. Might be just quarter flip the day before.:)

Good job Greg

Original post is still miss-leading. It states:

"I am sourcing X1/9 body/frames from China."

and:

"These are exact copies down to the very last detail."

So either deliberately miss-leading or just poorly written.

My :2c:

And in my opinion we have no "Nazi" moderators. They are very patient but will jump on nonsense like this when it is appropriate. :clap:

Beautifully stated, Rob......!

.....And in my opinion we have no "Nazi" moderators. They are very patient but will jump on nonsense like this when it is appropriate. :clap:....

...now let's all get back to COMMON SENSE discussion about our favourite lil' babies! :nod:

cheers, Ian - NZ

Entertaining read....

I am officially down to 5 Xs....:shock2:

I agree with Greg( crazy I know ) Buy a runner and start having some fun.

If you want a pristine one Buy one of mine. I have a perfect 74 that will be for sale soon. Hope you like Yellow....:wink2:

Ahem, me ol' mate........!

...You spelled "favourite" wrong again, Ian...... youse guys sure know how to muck-up the Queen's English...

Quote from The Oxford University Dictionary of ENGLISH,
"FAVOURITE - person or thing preferred above others."

Dunno why you Yanks had to bastardise what has been properly spoken/written English for 100's of years!!
Must have been the same mentality with the RHD v. LHD argument!
Ol' George Washington must have stood up his pedestal (rock maybe) and spouted "Whatever Mother England has said is correct, we are gonna bloody well change - like it or not, you idiots!"
And so American-ese was born! :mallet:

cheers, Ian - NZ

Back