possible causes of car shake at 70 mph

I just fixed the shake problem yesterday...

with a combination of 4 wheel alignment ($75) and rebalancing all 4 wheels ($ 13 each) . My mechanic also indicated my rims were slightly bent and that camber was a little off but could not be adjusted.

sometimes I think our issues are always a combination of things and not just one. Anyway the shake I had had at 75 (then 70, and most recently even 65 or lower) is gone.

funnily enough i use to have steering wheel shake from 60 mph on my previous x1/9 but when i lowered it with jamex springs it disappeared

tie rod ends

Nick,
You said the tie rod ends were checked during a recent inspection. I had a similar "vibe at higher speed" problem which was fixed with tie rod ends. As others have stated, wheel bearings might give this as well. Was the shop that did the inspection a really good shop, or could they have missed this?
Tim

Lowering it shoulda caused you some...

negative camber with a bit of TOE OUT...

I'm looking into mine again now as I have shimmy AT TIMES at 60 and nothing before and after.

It happened AFTER changing and cutting springs that I feel lowered the car a bit more! The one thing I have not checked it the toe-in again.

More to follow!

Back