Official Member Car Picture Thread

And last Thursday when I finally got it legal again...

1000004323.jpg

PXL_20240407_215305685~2.jpg

Had a photo op I couldn't pass up today. A couple of friends came over to help me move some equipment into my shop. One of them drove his McLaren MP4-12C Project Alpha (1 of 6). We lined up the cars and presto! I'll probably never have that chance again to have my Fiats in such cool company on the lawn!

Attachments

• cars1 edit.jpg
    cars1 edit.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 30
  • cars2.jpg
    cars2.jpg
    711.3 KB · Views: 32
  • cars4.jpg
    cars4.jpg
    724.8 KB · Views: 31
  • cars5.jpg
    cars5.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 28
While I would definitely cross the lot to look at the McLaren, it's probably not the one I would want to drive home. :)
It's fun to get the friends together.

The dealership I bought my X1/9 at in 1974 is now a McLaren dealership (McLaren San Francisco). It is right at an intersection so I usually take a good look when I'm stopped at the light which is usually red. When they opened, the MP4-12C was the only new road car they had. Some accused it of having a "clown face" when they first came out although the paint job in Charlie's photo pretty well disguises it. I talked to a guy who bought one when they were new and he told me the reason he got it was that his wife had the last say in supercar shopping and she liked the smooth ride from the active suspension.

Back