I shall call him Bart

They look spectacular in the right yellow too. I don't know if I could live with a yellow car day in and day out but it's a great color. Black is really nice but so unforgiving of imperfections I'm told. Then there's something about that '74 limey green.
1977-Fiat-X19-rear-quarter.jpg

2014-Fiat-X19-Black.gif

fiat-x19-1975-11.jpg

Update...

Painting is done. It's a nice soft gold color. Now starts the long journey of putting it back together, fixing things as I go. I'm going to be a regular in the FS&W forum.

Bart%20Update.jpg

looks really good,
I'm beginning to think there really isn't a bad color for these cars.....okay brown is bad

Guess what color Bob Brown's first Brown X1/9 was?

Whoops!

I guess I messed that up. Anyway...

I even have a PHOTO of that car and him dressed really "nice" but will not post it here for all to see if I get that $20 bucks he owes me by 10:30 AM tomorrow.

Joe, I thought you owned Bob's old car, but...

his was a '74, I think...

I sure wanna post that old picture of him... boy was he CUTE!

Ya Know...

I bought that car used in '79, so ya never know...
I believe Bob went on a honeymoon in his :headbang:

Well, you're both right ... sorta

I did indeed go on my honeymoon in my 1974 "Sepia Brown" X1/9 back in the day. Drove 1,250 miles from NH to Orlando FL, then on to Sarasota.
That car was both a nightmare and a dream. I was hooked for life.

Work is essentially completed on Bart and he's back on the road. Took him to Tucson today (110 mile round-trip) with no issues.
IMG_0025.jpg

Of the recent issues I've been posting about...

Speedometer - decided to replace only the short speedo cable. Seems to be working OK. I did the toothpick mod to the needles while I was in there. Looks great.

Heater - Working great. Just in time for some hot Arizona weather.

Power windows - Took the drivers motor/regulator out and cleaned everything up. Spot welded the broken upper weld. Made sure operation of the motor and coil were good. Regreased and put everything back together. Unfortunately it didn't improve the operation. Oh well, I'm not going to worry about it. We're almost into the weather here where you leave the windows down all the time anyway.

Cold idle issue - no problems since I replaced the auxillary air hose. Seems to idle a bit too low when cold but I can live with that.

So now I get to enjoy it for a while.

Congrats to Bart and you...

I purchased a Honda Accord back in '99 for my wife and the color was called Champagne... Looks similar to yours and very classy.

I really think your wheels need some SPARKLE. I know the WORLD out there is painting them flat black but I think that color devalues the look of a car by about 98%.

I actually think some CHROME-like wheels and maybe a touch on the mirrors with some covers would really make your ride POP!

Lastly... Pull the window console switches, take them apart and clean them... or douse with WD40 where they sit and see if that doesn't improve the speed. HTH...

Congrats again and hope to see you next November...

I purchased a Honda Accord back in '99 for my wife and the color was called Champagne... Looks similar to yours and very classy.

Thanks. This is a 2014 Toyota color. I was aiming for something a little deeper but I do like the way it turned out.

I really think your wheels need some SPARKLE. I know the WORLD out there is painting them flat black but I think that color devalues the look of a car by about 98%.

Agree. I have all 4 hub caps for those wheels but some of the tabs are broken and if I install them half will probably fall off during the first drive. There are other styles out there that I like better but I'm not willing to pay the price that they usually go for.

Agree. I have all 4 hub caps for those wheels but some of the tabs are broken and if I install them half will probably fall off during the first drive. There are other styles out there that I like better but I'm not willing to pay the price that they usually go for.

Clear silicone adhesive to hold hubcaps in place.

Back