Hot stalling (and hard to restart)

might want to take the air cleaner can off for better access.

My air cleaner can is long gone... K&N attached to the AFM. I'll take a peek at it this weekend... if it's something I can do easily maybe I'll take a stab at it.

I'm not too worried about swapping the part out-- it's less than $20.

yah, I didn't have a good engine bay pic at hand so just googled for one and it's from a carb'd car (with bits missing) and no FI wires but you get the idea where it is at least, you may not need to remove anything to get at it, it's that stupid wire retrainer you have to pry out to get the connector off, some say you can squeeze it and get it off, I never had much luck with that, super tiny little pick to tease the wire up a bit (which will likely send it flying).

yah, I didn't have a good engine bay pic at hand so just googled for one and it's from a carb'd car (with bits missing) and no FI wires but you get the idea where it is at least, you may not need to remove anything to get at it, it's that stupid wire retrainer you have to pry out to get the connector off, some say you can squeeze it and get it off, I never had much luck with that, super tiny little pick to tease the wire up a bit (which will likely send it flying).

Is this the piece you're talking about? I could pick one of these up easily enough... http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...l-Injector-Connector/_/R-CRB218457_0429732650

looks correct, the thread I referenced gives the names of it EV1, Jetronic, and so on, I bought a pack of 8 I think, for WAY cheaper than $15/one. You don't even have to (nor probably want to) cut the wires and splice it in, easier to release the old ends from the connector and slide through the new boot onto the new one, it's been a while but it was easy, of course, you don't HAVE to do this unless the connector is messed up, mine was corroded and the actual metal end inside the connector was dust, AND the wire had disintegrated about 6" up in the harness, so I HAD to do surgery, pretty easy though.

My compression is excellent. No blowby other than a little burb of smoke after the car has been sitting for weeks (sometimes months) between starts.

Runs like a top, pulls hard and strong through the whole power band.

3rd gear synchro will need to be dealt with at some point, but other than that it's tip top.

Back