Getting very discouraged...

I have a '79 carb 1500 for sale in Iowa

I have a potential buyer but he (actually my boss) hasn't moved on it yet, so I need to confirm his yes or no. Maybe if your interested he will move on it. I'm asking $3k. It's generally a decent car but still needs a lot of gremlins worked out. I have driven it from Iowa to Michigan several times including to 2016 to freak out. Not only had great track times at the track event I also won the "most challanged" award. But drove it there and back in 90+degree heat going through Detroit and Chicago traffic, So yes it's rough but lovable.

The good: replaced the brake/clutch masters, clutch slave, timing belt, and motor mounts and water pump, so all the PIA stuff.

fixable rust, interior is rough. Some wiring needs sorted. And some carb issues sorted. Desmogged half assed, needs to be completed. Needs a rear wheel bearing. I know I should be talking up the car but I'd rather say the bad stuff and have you surprised. I really would like to keep it but with 7 FIATS I can't save them all!!

I haven't taken time to figure out how to post photos but if you email me at iowafiat at gmail dot com I can send you some photos. I don't get on Xweb often so email is better than PM.

Last edited:
Back