Fuse box question

dwoof

True Classic
I have a 75, CA model with a 12 position fuse box. I'd like to know if someone can point me to a chart showing the correct amperage for the fuses that go in each position. I've seen a lot of wiring diagrams that go into detail but nothing like a simple chart for the 12 fuses.

Thanks

Attachments

• fuse blockjpg.jpg
    fuse blockjpg.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 110
Go to the Wiki section, click on "Workshop Manuals" in the menu on the left and download the "X1/9 Service Manual 1974 - 1978". The information you are looking for is on page 340 as printed on the page, page 330 of the .pdf document.

Last edited:
Thank you sir, doing that now.

Someone had put much larger amperage fuses in most of the positions - 20 and 25A in some cases.

The first two positions are shorter slots though, about half the length. Those had 25 Amp fuses, the 74-78 doesn't show the shorter fuse slots.

Last edited:
Thank you sir, doing that now.

Someone had put much larger amperage fuses in most of the positions - 20 and 25A in some cases.

The first two positions are shorter slots though, about half the length. Those had 25 Amp fuses, the 74-78 doesn't show the shorter fuse slots.
I think the short ones are the "N" 3 amp fuses in the manual for opening the headlights.

Thanks so far. I've bought new fuses except for the M and N, the 3 A fuses. I can't seem to find those for sale anywhere - any ideas? I've tried MWB, Ebay, Amazon.

Thanks

Those are becoming scarce. Even if you find a couple this time, you will be face again with the same problem. I suggest to replace them with inline fuses with a fuse holder and more commun fuses.

i think the 3a fuses could be adapted utilising full sized 5a fuses by peeling off the end caps and fuse link. Possibly you could loop the fuse link and secure the end caps….

I found two short white torpedoes, 25A I think, I replaced the fuse element (Had to put a V bend in it) with a 3A element and they're working fine. It looks goofy but I don't care.

Several members have replaced the entire fuse block with a unit from LadaPower, see this post by @Mark and this post by @roys. That eliminates bullet style fuses altogether.
I replaced my ‘74 fuse block with the Lada unit and it solved a number of problems. I have one for my ‘75 and will probably replace that one too. It requires a few jumper wires but is definitely worth it.

Back