Finally Complete

Tony, I tend to agree with you about selling the '85, especially in light of SB1239 not passing. It's a much a better car in almost every way, but more easily replaceable.
I REALLY need to do a reality check on which cars to keep and which to sell; and how many. Opinions anyone ???

As for selling them or one... DON'T. But if you do, sell the late model. You can always get another.

bumpers

Did you fab those bumpers? Sell them as a set? :)
I like the no-block and the longer tapered ends...

Car overall looks fabulous!

GREAT JOB

Mark,

All your cars looks great. I vote 74. I had a 76 and waited and waited and waited for smog to catch up to that year but it looks like it will not happen. I have the 74 now and feel free from that law. Enjoy.

Tony, I tend to agree with you about selling the '85, especially in light of SB1239 not passing. It's a much a better car in almost every way, but more easily replaceable.
I REALLY need to do a reality check on which cars to keep and which to sell; and how many. Opinions anyone ???

Mark, beautiful job !

Just my opinion but i would sell the 85 because you hit the nail on the head. It's much easier to replace.

Absolutely incredible work... again!

Mark, my fingers hurt just looking at the photos of all the stuff you had to sand, polish, clean, and otherwise refurbish! Really nice work!

It had to be done. How often do you find a perfectly rust-free and accident-free and low-mileage and best-year car?

I will say that living in California certainly has its benefits when it comes to finding restoration-worthy cars. Having grown up back east, I know rust-free is just a relative term most anywhere except the southwest. While I admire those who cut and weld their rusty cars back together, I think it'd be well worth the cost of having a good car shipped across the country.

Mark, my fingers hurt just looking at the photos of all the stuff you had to sand, polish, clean, and otherwise refurbish! Really nice work!

selling one??

in my opinion, unless you like the constancy of the F.I. I would keep the 74. so many options to go fast without bending over for the smog police. both look great and I would kill or die for either, which means I'd have to kill my wife or I bring it home and I die.:boxing:
mikemo

Well, if I were to keep the '74, it would end up having the PBS 1600 with Megasquirt and the Alquati 5 speed. I have everything to complete the conversion ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. The car's original color was the 272 chrome yellow. I painted it in a tri-coat; clear coated yellow over white base. I was attempting to duplicate the original color but it's just a touch brighter due to the white base.

Pretty car! I really like the yellow in pics - is it the same yellow used on the new 500's?

What a dilemma...

Have you already purchased a lift or lifts as needed?

If so, then its time to add onto the house or move.

(HA!)

Just remember to keep the cars!

My current dilemma is my 2700 square foot shop is currently occupied with HER stuff. I've spent our "wad" for this year on paint, tile, electrical and on and on. We are almost ready to move in now after 4 months of destruction and re-construction.

(Oh what tangled webs we weave for ourselves...)

Help you out...

My current dilemma is my 2700 square foot shop is currently occupied with HER stuff. I've spent our "wad" for this year on paint, tile, electrical and on and on. We are almost ready to move in now after 4 months of destruction and re-construction...

WHAT! Tony! I sure hope that HER stuff has 4 wheels and a Fiat emblem on it. Brother... we all need to pitch in and help you out. Maybe if we all coughed up that $20 we owe we can rent a portable or something so you can have that gorgeous shop back.

Ha!

very nice

But hey, what is the knob next to the parking brake handle, and is that a stock cover on the parking brake handle, never seen one like that

Thanks Clark... but I never had it to begin with.

We knew we had a lot of work to do both inside and out of this place so we never moved in. Just a bed and table... kinda like camping.

But alas, at long last... there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Hold onto that $20 until I really need it. Thanks!

But hey, what is the knob next to the parking brake handle, and is that a stock cover on the parking brake handle, never seen one like that

That's the choke. It and the cover are '74 only in the US; AFAIK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back