DF issues from Southern Hemisphere (moved from RacerRon's thread)

Send it thru the DF

Jim,

Well, now you know it's there, reading forums will be a whole new world of fun and enjoyment for you.

I'll forward an invoice.

Brian

Not a problem. Just deliver the invoice as a DF post. I will leave the "xweb 1.0 tree forum -vs- xweb 2.0 digest forum" option enabled and I will pay the invoice as soon as I see it. :devil:

Little DB error

Whilst I have always used that setting Brian has pointed to the DF has a thread that will not open for me in any browser. I unpacked a crate today to start a new build and thought some might like to see a NOS Punto GT short block unboxed. Nope thread display no go.

In the D/F Sticky the " What did you do to your X1/9 today ? " thread is blank.

http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/10638/

All the other threads I have so far caught up on display for me here. Its one the the biggest threads on the board so maybe a snafu link somewhere in the DB.

Perhps a thread to report the broken threads to make the resitiution of the board easier for those in power.

Thanks for all the hard work men.

Sandy

Last edited by a moderator:
That thread works for me

Whilst I have always used that setting Brian has pointed to the DF has a thread that will not open for me in any browser. I unpacked a crate today to start a new build and thought some might like to see a NOS Punto GT short block unboxed. Nope thread display no go.

In the D/F Sticky the " What did you do to your X1/9 today ? " thread is blank.

http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/10638/

All the other threads I have so far caught up on display for me here. Its one the the biggest threads on the board so maybe a snafu link somewhere in the DB.

Perhps a thread to report the broken threads to make the resitiution of the board easier for those in power.

Thanks for all the hard work men.

Sandy

This is a pretty odd problem. I can read thru the "What did you do to your X" thread without any issues. The various behaviors that individuals are seeing is really puzzling. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I get blank

Yup! Weird

I have had no epiphany as to why this is happening, so will leave it to those more qualified.

Though. I have seen this before on another board that uses vBulliten software after an outage where we had to pillage the way back machine to create a better
'restore point' as the back up was way too old. Perhaps when all the hops have refreshed or what ever PHP shenanigans are going on it will resolve itself.

I'll exhibit a bit of chillax and post the new motor reveal when I can see the thread. After all I've waited a while to get it shipped from the EU.

This is what I see. If it helps.

Best regards

Sandy

There's a number of threads about forum issues but I'll try to keep what I know in the top-of-forum announcements.

Still a little strange South of the big line in the middle

I saw the 'What did you do today' thread display today and thought I'd put up an IMG

Reply dialoge box came up and in preview it shows the reply.

When I submitt - blank aroony. Nada, blank, lotsa while space.

I see that the title shows in the index but nothing shows except the header

For you folks in the North did that post work, can you see it?

HHHhhhmmmm

Best Regards

Page_01.jpg

Page_02.jpg

Page_03.jpg

Shows up fine for me in Firefox and Chrome

Hi Sandy

Your post shows up fine for me in Firefox and Chrome. I can see the picture and the text.

Thanks Jim

must be our end then.

Not accomplished and far from a Web coding expert myself, perhaps a lag or Geoblock - I'm just guessing, if 62go is no show in IL, not a Geoblock.:confuse2:

Will try an post some build picks of the new engine program. for the eye candy aficionados. Been so busy, if they apend then great but if they fizzle perhaps Papa Tony can approve the deletion and PM the ModGods.

We are a bit of an embarrassment down here with our 'online census' that couldn't keep it up'. Which one of you guys are responsible:whistle:

Keep the shiney side up

Regards
Sandy

Last edited:
What did you do to your X today

I'm in Colorado, have Windows 10 and Internet Explorer and still can't see anything. I get a white blank page.

But I am originally from the Southern Hemisphere, so maybe...

For those unsure of where Australia is, it's at the top right of the world map.

Another display problem just showed up

On my screen, I see Autralia in the top left corner of that world map. Anyone else????? :)
I'm in Colorado, have Windows 10 and Internet Explorer and still can't see anything. I get a white blank page.

But I am originally from the Southern Hemisphere, so maybe...

For those unsure of where Australia is, it's at the top right of the world map.

Yep, same view for me, Jim.......!

.....On my screen, I see Autralia in the top left corner of that world map. Anyone else????? :).....

Ahaha, I don't mind seeing those Ozzies getting turned upside down. :wink2:
Boy, are they gonna get walloped by our world-beating NZ All Blacks in the Rugby test tonight!!! :king:

cheers, IanL - NZ

Bugger!

Shouldn't do stuff like that in a hurry! :mallet:

I think I agree with you Lawsa, the All Blacks are gunna run amuck!

Cheers,

Rob
Recently retired rugby coach

Ahem ahem, ahhhhhh - did you manage to watch the game last night, mate???? :grin:

Lawso - gracious in victory as always!

I tried to look away, but was drawn to it like staring at an horrific traffic accident when driving past. :hypno:

Wheels fell of AGAIN!!

Taped it and just fast FWD thru the game.

14? in a row.

Wheels fell of AGAIN!!

After a rebuild and a good "world Series" ( I can never feel comfortable with that title as the whole world does'nt play the code). We fell apart at the seems, win is deserved.

The stats tell the story, NZ owned the game. But as someone who is not a lover of the code I can see where the Aussie coach is comming from. Calling the coach a sissy and a winger is spin doctoring of something far more problematic.

In the World Cup an Argentinian player was given 9 weeks for gouging the eyes of a player. Nothing will happen to the rock ape from NZ that thinks risking someones eye sight for an obscure sport is okay. Ban that rubbish.

If a captain is ignored when tyrying legitimately and respectfull speak to the refferee then there is something wrong with the culture of that so called professional refferee group.

Some reasons why I won't pay to see/ attend.

We are aware men that our American hosts have no idea what the heck we are talking about?

Back on topic I have noticed that the lag between the text and the images rendering is more noticable. Well more than before, a clue perhaps?

Yours Aye

Sandy

Does Rugby = Footy?

We are aware men that our American hosts have no idea what the heck we are talking about?

Sandy

I spent a few months in Australia installing hardware and software for Teltra many years ago. I watched a lot of "Footy" ( I think that is what it was called) as it was pretty much on every channel at night. Is it the same as Rugby? Or are they two distinct sports?

I spent 3 hours in the Auckland airport on one of those trips, but that is the extent of my NZ travel experience. :)

No there are FOUR who claim that.

I watched a lot of "Footy" ( I think that is what it was called) as it was pretty much on every channel at night. Is it the same as Rugby? Or are they two distinct sports?
:)

Even we here can't agree on what is 'Football' so depends who you ask, "we are a weired mob"

Lots of European immigrants built this nation so we fight over the word. Poms and Wogs.

Soccer. - Football, it's played with your feet, wogball - but the only true World game. The biggest league in the World. If its plaed with you feet that makkes it football.

The others are pass and cuddle the ball or kick the thing before anyone touches me ball. (Currently watching Tottenham vs Liverpool as I type, so I've shown which side of the fence I am on)

AFL . - (Australian Football, once called VFL as it was only played in Victoria but went national ) Tight shorts and long hair lads from your visit here ? Ariel ping pong, but the speed and amount of goals make it a good game to watch. These guys are seriously fit in an aerobic sense.

Rugby. - Unprotected blood sport. Played in a lot of the old colonies of England, you escaped that ignobility but that’s what Brian and Ian were poking each other about. It’s a "Ditch thing" the bit of water between us we have come to call the ditch. By there are so many NZ folks living here (because the homeland is crap - not my own words, their own) it makes little difference. We really are one, just attack one of us and see what happens, ANZAC you may have heard of.

Rugby League.- similar but different to the above Rugby, all but nobody else plays this. Faster than Rugby but still a blood sport played by human refrigerators.

FWIW that telco is still a SNAFU organisation many folks hate.

So YOU are the one who is responsible for the load shedding software that has taken their network down at least three times IIRC in recent times.:mallet:

Best regards

Sandy

Back