California fascist random smog test

Yeah Tim...

But Mikemo lives just North of San Francisco in the little known resort community called Rodeo, CA.

When he completely runs out of all his parts and supplies... we'll gladly ship him off to South Carolina... just hide your women and children.

Yes Cesare, I am indeed indebted... but Tommy owes me...

$20 bucks plus 1/2 of a Vincenzo's Pizza... so I'll make sure he repays you in full on the 1st!

papa tony

send a "pods" over here and I will MOVE to the Carolinas and if ya need something it will cost you double!!
sorry to say, my Tahoe in this smog realm hell and no end is in sight.
mikemo

OK. I have some new info that may actually be very helpful to all California X owners regarding the Smog laws...

The newest Book that the Smog checkers are using has the wrong info regarding the TDC numbers. When they smog the car and its on the dyno they put a timing light on the car to check where your ignition timing is.

The New book is wrong and has it at 5 Degrees behind TDC.:jedi::wall:

The original book 20 years ago has it correct at 10 Degrees behind TDC. I believe it was the Carbed models that are 5 degrees or at 0 degrees. Cant remember.

The variance is 3 degrees plus or minus so to be safe everyone should set the timing to 8 degrees behind DTC in order to pass. This way even if they are looking at the wrong book you have a shot on the first pass instead of having to correct them. They dont like that. This will also dump less NOX and help you to pass.

I hope this is helpful. It took me 3 tries back and forth this time to figure this out...

Back