HRM result!!

DazUK

Cheers Daz
Thanks to all who suggested this mod, but bugger me it gives your back some jip tying those loom wires....
Here is where I started, this is taken from the headlight three pin connector (lo beam) with engine running.
DSC00734.jpg

As you can see pretty poor. So following the excellent tutorials found on here, this is the end result and attempted 'tidy' installation of hardware.

DSC00741.jpg

And, what you are all waiting to see and hear 'is it worth it?' Well here were the new electrical numbers direct from the source...

DSC00740.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

Well worth the couple of hours taken to join everything up and about £20 for the fuse holder, relays, cable and connectors.
Cheers Daz

Spend another $5

and change that skimpy ground cable from your battery to the Chassis.
Your starter will love you for it.

Good job, BTW.

OK Mr Brown, if you insist, but I thought it quite 'chunky' .. much heavier gauge than the gearbox to chassis braided strap.:nod:

That's OK, but

remember, everything in your car depends on the ground from your battery.

OP - very nice work!

adding an extra ground to the motor/chassis made more of a difference for me in this area...

90032.jpg

"Y" cable - head-to-chassis-to trans

Nice work...

I've not see those DUAL relays or is that a relay terminal mounting?

Glad you LIKED the difference...

I gotta see if I can find some of those...

Even if we only used ONE side... the other side could be a SPARE...

I'm planning on building a AUX BOX with WRXDREW (Andrew Leahy) soon that would include a least 4 relays, fuses and terminals to do the HRM, BWM, Stereo, and Horns... A six position fuse block would leave one spare (Power Amp?) and need 4 relays minimum.

The duals would just take up a bit less space and be a bit easier, etc, etc, and of course, a bit neater!

Just thinking...

So... did ya use an internet supplier or just found those relays locally? Also... will the standard 5-pin relay terminal CONNECTORS still fit on the duals or must you use individual terminals connectors like you did?

Still thinking... thanks!

Wil... I'm sure its just a flipped negative...

... probably just like the rest of his car!

HA!

Or like my LIFE!

But surely you have these items over there and probably half the price we have to pay...?:)

Last edited:
Back