thinking about selling my 74 X

kite63

True Classic
74 X1/9 Resto-mod FS***SOLD***

I just don't drive this car enough, less than 5000 miles since I finished it 8 years ago. The complete resto and mods were all documented here and on the old xweb.
Probably among the first X's imported to the US vin #0004823 manufactured in Oct of 1973.
Way too much to list, some of which I probably forgot. Multiple sets of wheels and an extensive parts cache.
$9000 for the car, spares negotiable.
The car can be driven anywhere, you'll need a truck and trailer for the spares.
I'll post details and parts list as soon as I can.
th_101_0728.jpg

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/kelhite/X-floor panrust repairs/
http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/kelhite/Corbeau for X19/
http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/kelhite/X paint job/
http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/kelhite/X- assembly/
http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/kelhite/Tweeks/
http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/kelhite/X-interior/
http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/kelhite/painless X wiring/

Last edited:
My public profile lists most of the mods on this car. In addition, I have 2 sets of bumpers for it, one original and one euro fiberglass repro from a UK vendor. It currently has a 34dtmr (?) carb and port matched 74 intake. The FCR kehin bike carbs and intake can, or can't go with it, depending on price. It also has 2 tops, one insulated smooth of an '86 and the original non insulated textured '74. This X is awsome, light, fast and nimble. Current TX registration as antique vehicle. Always garaged and babied, believe it or not.....I have NEVER washed it with water since the restoration, or driven or been caught out in the rain!!! Only wiped down and detailed by hand. The paint is immaculate.

Spares include but are not limited to:
Pair of rear lower control arms with tight ball joints
1500 FI motor with 52k miles
1300 motor old PBS rebuild
5 speed trans with axles
'74 model 4 speed
misc 1500/1300 clutch and flywheels
extra radiator early single fan (late dual fan on car)
carbed gas tank (FI tank in car)
complete 1500 FI set up
3+/- sets of struts and springs and assoc. hdwr
instrument clusters
body plastics
door panels
nice set of seats from red '86 model X
extra stainless expansion tank
extra front hood (frunk lid)
pass door off '86 car
tail light assy's.
steering column
late model front bumper
head light buckets and motors early and late
gobs of various moldings and trim

this just a short list of what comes to mind.

The price is, as with all things, negotiable.
If your interested or wanna talk more about it, just shoot me a PM.

People ive seen this car and rode in this car personally.This car went through a "nut and bolt" restoration.The work and detail in this car is up to concourse condition.You wont find one like this anywhere if you count all the custom but very subtle details Kelvin have put on it.Very well worth the asking price and Kelvin is a very straigh forward guy.You cannot replicate whats been done to this car for that amount of money.Buy this car and just start driving it and winning carshow trophies right away.......

revised/reduced

Here's a short run down of whats on the car.
1500 motor
balanced and bored 87mm
HC shallow relief pistons
PBS windage tray
PBS high pressure oil relief spring
PBS big valve head
PBS B-3 cam
Apple motors adj cam wheel
ported and matched 74 intake manifold
34datr (i think) carb jetted
PBS header ceramic coated
custom exhaust with carbon fiber and stainless muffler
lightened flywheel
Valeo clutch assy
Fresh 5 speed
KYB GR-2 struts
IAP sport springs
Earls braided steel brake flex hoses
Addco front sway bar
Plaia solid aluminum sway bar mount
Green Stuff brake pads
dash mounted Halmeter AF meter
custom white face instruments
super bright H4 headlights
shortened shifter
new clutch and brake masters and slave
new rotors and calipers
Plaia Pivots steering bearings
Cobeau Classic II seats
nice crack free dash
your choice of wheel/tire
14X6 BWA sportstars with Toyo T1S 195/55 14
or
13X5.5 Cromodora Daytonas with new Sumitomo 185/60 13
every piece of door, window, top, trunk seal and trim is new
entire suspension is tight and aligned
the car runs cool even in Texas heat , stop and go traffic, radiator fans cycle on/off as designed

Pretty much every streetable performance upgrade I could get my hands on went into this car.

With the car will be included:
2 tops, one smooth insulated, and original textured non insulated '74 top, both painted gloss black
2 sets of bumpers, one original '74 set, one fiberglass series I euro repro, both need work to install
Also, I will include the custom bike carbs and manifold. This is a custom made aluminum intake with 37mm Kehin FCR flat slide racing carbs. (not on the car now as they are in need of o-rings)

So far, I've only listed this for sale here.
Craigslist and Feebay are next

$9000

Last edited:
I know times are tough. Still hard believe no one here even wants to talk to me about this car.

Yeah, I hear ya. I see that nice '82 on eBay just sold for $8800. I hate the hassle but guess I'll have to try listing it there.

It's a beautiful car

and i'm sure worth every cent you ask for but as you probably know it's all about timing for something to sell.

If you put it on Ebay you'll certainly get alot more looks than just here. Yes, it can be a hassle but in your case well worth it. Just make sure you put a reasonable reserve that you may be satisfied with and if the reserve is not met well at least you didn't let it go for anything less.

Just my :2c:, G/L

Kelvin, if I had the $$$$, I'd be all over it

faster than a fly on dog doo-doo. I'd probably return home to find my clothes out in the street and the locks on the doors to the house changed.:excited:

It sounds like a beauty along with all of the extras. Out here in LA LA land, a '74 is highly coveted as it's exempt from smog inspection.

As Tyrone suggested if you put it on eBay, put a high enough reserve to make sure you get a price you can live with. Best of luck.

Mike

Your 74 x

Kelvin,
Very, very nice car. Sent me a PM with your phone # and a good time to ring you. I'll call this weekend. Thanks, Judge

Say Kelvin how much does BAT charge for that service? I am thinking I may use them for a future car... ?

Charge? Heck, I did absolutely nothing to get it on there, so better not be any charge. I'm not familiar with the site, but I "think" or it "seems" like maybe it's a site where you can submit ads you've found and if approved or deemed worthy by the site admin. it gets posted?????? I have no clue.
But....I will say this, I've gotten more interest in it today than everything previous combined.

I have a friend that is a copy writer at BAT.com. I send him the good stuff I find.

I believe 1 outta 5 or 6 things I send him gets to the website.

i receive BATs notification for every Fiat they admit in their website,Kelvin car being no exception.Just got to read it today and let me say,.....not bad!!!...theres always 1 or 2 haters but your car is surely getting lots of attention and good comments for x in general!!,,,good luck!!

Seats

My 74 isn't anywhere close to being as nice as yours. However I'd like to here your experience with the Corbeau classic 2 seats. I've been considering them for my car.

Erk

corbeau's

They fit great. you'll have to fab a bracket on the bottom to accept the stock sliders if ya want them to be adjustable. Others have bolted straight to the floor. Very comfy, once your in, high side bolsters make entry/exit kinda tough on a tall guy.

Will work for Fiat!!

I have an idea!! Since I am just up here in the OKC area I will make you a deal. I'll take the X and pay you by coming down and doing yard work, dog walking, etc.?? Otherwise I could trade you a number of hight dollar bass guitars? Love the car, wish I had the cash. I even thought about getting a loan. Then the wife shot me the stink eye....damn!!!

Back