RECORE RADIATOR

Hi Guys

Since last month I saw my temperature gauge a little bit higher of 190, my car always ran below that, sometimes cross the 190 and the fans turn on, all normal without any trouble.

A couple of weeks I saw my gauge goes up more than normal when ran normally, when stops on lights the gauge shows one line before the red zone and some times just a little bit lower than the red zone.

The street light turns on green and ran the car and temperature goes down to little bit higher than 190, I had no leaks and no overheating problems since ever!.
“it’s time to send to service this radiator I tought” last week I removed the radiator and sent to the service and you know what?
“your radiator it’s very old, the technician said. I tried to seal again and after to do the service I can’t seal it, the lines are very old and damage!

with a 35 y/o radiator you don’t need to stress I tought, what to do? Swap for a Scirocco radiator convertion or recore.

The technician suggest me to recore the radiator, you’ll have radiator for ever!! Like new! Also you won’t need to adapt nothing He said.

At this time in my life I have no time to swap the radiator and make the setup convertion so I recore my radiator and just pull in back in less than 30 min.

This weekend I ran my X1/9 on the street and freeway and It feels ok! the car runs normally and my gauge shows the needle lower than 190 a little bit lower than before, when the car stops on the light, just a couple times turns on the fan after 190

img7722w.jpg

img7723g.jpg

img7727o.jpg

img7728l.jpg

img7732c.jpg

img7734.jpg

img7735y.jpg

What do you think?

price

He gave me a "good customer price" $260.00 (w/o paint)
I paint with a thin coat just to hide inside the grill.

the little fan really helps I made a hole in the wall and the end of this little duct has another 12volts fan (any way just I smoke ONE cigarrette every night)

If you don't want to do the mods do the recore

or you could get a good used one for alot less. The recore is the longest lasting result in an original fit but the most $..... My best
Bobr

That was I tought

or you could get a good used one for alot less. The recore is the longest lasting result in an original fit but the most $..... My best
Bobr

Before to decide what to do, I tought "for how long do you want to keep your radiator free of service?"

If I buy a "good used one" will be good? not cloged? I'm telling you that because my radiator before to dismantling was looking good.
I was thinking just flushing with pressure water only.

If I'll send to service the used one could be damage too!

that's why I turn to recore.

WHAT DO I THINK???

I think YOU need to clean up and repaint those fans... you slob!

Otherwise its a very clean recore... and a GREAT PRICE!

Tell us WHERE this guy is or do we just send our radiators to YOU?

HA!

Good work my friend, thanks for the photos!

thanks Tony

I think YOU need to clean up and repaint those fans... you slob!

Otherwise its a very clean recore... and a GREAT PRICE!

Tell us WHERE this guy is or do we just send our radiators to YOU?

HA!

Good work my friend, thanks for the photos!

2 months ago I replace one rear caliper to fix my handbrake, last month I fixed my crankshaft nut, last week I fix the radiator...

I leave those fans for next month project.

If somebody wants to RECORE your radiator like mine just contact me I'll be glad to help!:)

My recore has an extra pass

Since I am eventually going to a hot engine, I had my rad recore done with an extra pass and serpentine cooling fins. There is just enough space in the rad frame to do so, I have only had a chance to drive it in cool weather and it stays just below 190 and when warm it can idle forever with no increase.

I paid $350 Canadian.

Paul Davock

My recore has an extra pass

Since I am eventually going to a hot engine, I had my rad recore done with an extra pass and serpentine cooling fins. There is just enough space in the rad frame to do so, I have only had a chance to drive it in cool weather and it stays just below 190 and when warm it can idle forever with no increase.

I paid $350 Canadian.

Paul Davock
Hi Paul - I know this is an old post, but where did you have your rad done with an extra pass? I'm curious! :)

Hi Paul - I know this is an old post, but where did you have your rad done with an extra pass? I'm curious!

It was done at a local old fashioned rad shop that has subsequently gone out of business. It is very heavy, (it has a steel core) and I am now using an aluminum one and am very satisfied. If you want to come pick it up, I will give it to you. I am in Kitchener.

I do not recommend it.

Paul Davock

Back