Anniversary gift

JimD

Waiting for Godot...
Look what my wife got me for our 28th anniversary! A nice shiny car hauler. I don't think she thought that through. Now I can go get more cars. ;)

I got her a card and some chocolate. :hug::heart:

Look what my wife got me for our 28th anniversary! A nice shiny car hauler. I don't think she thought that through. Now I can go get more cars. ;)

I got her a card and some chocolate. :hug::heart:

The Gift that keeps on GIVING ,Jim :) :dance2:

I've been wanting one of those for a while

But I've been finding other things to spend the money on.
One of these days....

Looks good Jim. :thumbsup:

She may be expecting you to use it to haul some cars away...

Thanks guys

And Eric.... I am usually the smart ass around here. ;) So far she is still encouraging my hobby, but in the long wrong you may be correct. Even a patient woman has a limit.

I am pretty happy with what I see so far. I shopped around and this certainly wasn't the cheapest trailer out there, but it met many of my criteria for a smallish X-hauler. I looked at some new and used car haulers locally that were cheaper, but they were either too heavy or were home built "custom" jobs that didn't have a proper brake set up.

The trailer has a curb weight of around 1450lbs. The Honda web site says the my Pilot can pull a 3500lb "box" trailer with a lot of drag or 4500lbs if the load is aerodynamic (i.e. a boat). I figure the trailer and an X will weigh in near the 3500lb mark and are more like towing a boat than a box trailer.

This trailer came in two widths, 8.5' or 8'. I opted for the narrower 8' trailer and as a special request they also lowered the fender height (above the runway) from 8" down to 7.5" to give a little more door clearance. I have 9" door sill to ground clearance on my X with me in the driver seat, so this should be workable. It was built in PA and delivered to me in MO. It took about 3 weeks from order to delivery to my door this afternoon.

Here is the link if you want to see the specifics. I got the narrower version of the 15ft ET154B-102 model.

I have been thinking about this purchase for years. I would really like to travel with the X to more distant events. I will probably use it to bring a car to FFO this summer.

Congrats Jim... and tell Kathy if...

she's had ENOUGH of you... Let me make her an offer!

HA!

Congrats on 28 years of marital bliss as well!

No way Tony

Where would I find another woman who could put up with me? I am keeping her all to myself. :)

Tell her NOT to decide until she hears my offer!

HA!

I've been watching these "Sister-Wives" shows a lot lately and I've come up with a few ideas of my own!

(I know what you mean though... once we have them trained... or the other way around... after all these years... its quite and investment in time, love, and money. They become more precious than ever.

Congrats again Jim...)

Just 14 more years for me...

...to wait! ;-)

But what did YOU had to get her in exchange? A trip to Paris or the inground pool?

Daniel Forest
Montreal

I took her out for lunch

She is pretty easy going. I took her out for a nice lunch and later she came down and looked the trailer over for a few minutes. She said it looked nice and went back to doing he girl stuff. She said she has her eye on some Precious Moments figurines for her collection, so I told her to go ahead and buy them. I am a lucky guy.

And I told her what Eric said about using it to haul the cars away and she had a good laugh. :)

Back