Anyone know the measures of those bags...

Hi guys,

I ask, because I take measures on the rear trunk 46 x 13.5 x 7 and those bags in this picture looks bigger than this measures

1904052_754676101222844_1800880291_n.jpg

Here is a quick drawing, measures on the rear trunk 46 x 13.5 x 7

1382823_649740801766340_1474713561_n.jpg

regards.

Last edited:
Do not know the measurements, but I know they both fit perfect in the rear trunk

They will also fit in the front trunk under the top if you want too.

thanks.

"Do not know the measurements, but I know they both fit perfect in the rear trunk"

They will also fit in the front trunk under the top if you want too.

A friend on FaceBook give me the measures, those are tiny, more than it looks on the picture!

But is a good start, your information, like others give me the idea how size really is!.

"but I know they both fit perfect in the rear trunk"

thanks & regards.

erm....

You mean these bags right?

Length: 19"
Height: 8.5"
Depth: 9.25"

DSC_0003_zpsb0ddc69d.jpg

Last edited:
no problem

If you need more specifics let me know, I can take more detailed measurements (zipper length, end pockets etc.) if you need them.
What are you planning? - are you going to have some replicas made?

First step

If you need more specifics let me know, I can take more detailed measurements (zipper length, end pockets etc.) if you need them.
What are you planning? - are you going to have some replicas made?

Yes this is the idea, I talked about to reproduce with a friend, this is the first step.

I need to check price materials, labor and shipping costs. Ill try to make one set for me and see if is a good project or no.

Regards

wow!

Thanks, thanks, THANKS!!! :)

Now I have "mucho trabajo!" on my bench!!

With this pictures I have real measures to start this project, as I told you I'll ask for a quote for those bags, hope this project comes to be real soon.

Regards.

Ya know Ricky... Ya probably can find some...

good duffel bags that are exact, or come real close to those measurements. Maybe also one that is 36 x 9 x 9. Then you would only need to add some logos made on your wife's embroidery machine, and sew them in place.

I think this would save a lot of effort and be just as appreciated as some originals... for those of us that enjoy actually USING a bag like this, instead of just owning a museum piece!

Newer bags would probably be made of Nylon or some other easy to stay clean and lighter material as well. Custom orders would give us a choice of colors and contrasting logos... all for just $19.99 a bag... plus S&H... but WAIT... if you order in the next ten minutes... we'll double your...

(Sorry, I've been watching too much daytime TV...)

Call them a tribute... Tribute Bags!

I think this would save a lot of effort and be just as appreciated as some originals... for those of us that enjoy actually USING a bag like this, instead of just owning a museum piece!

Museum pieces? I use those bags around 10 times a year when I go places in the X1/9. I also use the Saratoga top as my everyday top for my X1/9. It does sit in the trunk most of the time, since I drive with the top off as often as possible.

I bought a low mileage X1/9 2+ years ago with 6,200 miles. It now has 16,000 miles. Why own anything if you are not going to enjoy it.

AMEN Todd... I'm with you!

From what I have seen, I believe some folks have paid a fairly hefty premium for those bags as well as for those Saratoga tops...

Just sayin'... I respect their rarity and authenticity... and for me, I'd opt for a 20 dollar bag from WalMart for my adventures... Especially if I hadta check my luggage. HA!

(I betcha though... you put your dirty undies in a plastic bag before stuffing them in one of these!)

From what I have seen, I believe some folks have paid a fairly hefty premium for those bags as well as for those Saratoga tops...

Just sayin'... I respect their rarity and authenticity... and for me, I'd opt for a 20 dollar bag from WalMart for my adventures... Especially if I hadta check my luggage. HA!

(I betcha though... you put your dirty undies in a plastic bag before stuffing them in one of these!)

Toys are expensive, but need to be played with. I do not travel by air with those bags. I used them when I travel with the X1/9. I use one for my cpap and the other is used for the clean/dirty clothes.:mallet:

CPAP, huh... Mine always makes the TSA agents...

FLINCH!

Just got a NEWER Respironics (APAP) with memory, a reservoir and nasal pillows (only) that is a much smaller unit, and the "pillows" are so much lighter, easier, and IMHO, better to use overall.

Just when I thought I had the latest... a friend shows me theirs with an auxiliary BATTERY PACK that is good for one or two nights without recharging!

HA!... I think my old machine woulda taken up most of one of those X1/9 bags as well! This latest one (with a reservoir also) would fit in a small shoe box.

I have a set of those bags. I was shocked when I unpacked them. A bag for a weekends get-up-and-go-gear for you and your passenger. But I find I need both for just me. Consider making them bigger to fit snug into the rear boot.

Great search!.

Ricardo -- let us know what you find out!
In the meantime, two of these would probably work well and they're also likely budget-approved by Tony...
http://www.tsbagstore.com/product/B_N1999/Nylon-Square-Duffel-Bag---19-X-9-X-9.html

Some embroidered patches and now yer really stylin'

Great search! thanks. I was thinking to make my own set of these bags on high quality materials, like canvas and leather and send the drawings of "X 1 - 9" to make patches identical like originals, but yes, cost could be high, all depends who wants something like these.

But easy and cheap way is to buy a set of these bags you found, and just attach the embroidered patch logo of X1/9

I'll let you know.

regards.

Back