I'm telling ya, it's a sickness..

Rooster

piccole ma cattive
Looks like I'm saving a fairly nice 78 from the crusher.

sgco.jpg

3zl3.jpg

t28gd.jpg

This will be an interim X until the Bumble Bee is back up and running. While in my possession I'll take care of the small things it needs. But, its a solid car. and it ran when parked 2 years ago.

I like the hatchback mod

;)

I think I am going to look at another X this weekend. It is definitely a sickness.

That's a sexy beast!

LOVE the back design! :love: Ha! Looks like an X1/9 Pacer....
Mike, I've seen that car before, in the archives.
I'll have to look that one up...
Congrat's BTW on yet another acquisition. :)

LOVE the back design! :love: Ha! Looks like an X1/9 Pacer....
Mike, I've seen that car before, in the archives.
I'll have to look that one up...
Congrat's BTW an yet another acquisition. :)

Bob, you put it best in your text. "Where are you putting all these cars".

Thank heavens I don't collect old Buick's...

LOL "and I like Big Butts!"

that coupe comment is pretty funny.

Nice door cards (my fave of all the X's), exhaust, Alpine stereo (?) nice seats. Nice extra gauges in console (voltmeter? Oil pressure?) Nice to see one saved, it is in very good hands. Have you contacted Bob about pulling the whole wiring harness yet and changing every light to LEDS? ? He has nothing to do this winter, likely snowed in :)

(UNLESS of course he's working on an 850 Spider dash...nudge,nudge, wink, wink)

Mike you have one very understanding woman...

PS for anyone that might be interested what was the condition of the 124 Spider next to it? Other than it caught the contagious Pacer disease?

I know the cure to getting to many X1/9s

Marriage. My wife keeps saying I have enough.:)

The hard top on the X1/9 looks like an Alfa Quadifolio hard top. If I am correct they sell sell for more than a cheap X1/9.

Its the top for those riding in the rumble seat...

I remember riding in my great uncle's Model A with a rumble seat, what fun as a kid. Nice memory.

Check on it...

I took a look at that car and was really tempted by it!

However, the owner of the shop doesn't have the title. I checked with Mass RMV and they looked up the license plate and said that he definitely should need to produce the title to have it registered in Mass.

The owner of the shop was really sketchy. He didn't know what year the car was and said that the original owner of the car parked it "6 months ago" and just left it - that was clearly a lie.

Anyways, it looks like a nice project and seemed to have some good rust protection by the rockers, and I think you can register it in NH with a bill of sale or at least it would be good for parts

Best of luck,
Scott

I took a look at that car and was really tempted by it!

However, the owner of the shop doesn't have the title. I checked with Mass RMV and they looked up the license plate and said that he definitely should need to produce the title to have it registered in Mass.

The owner of the shop was really sketchy. He didn't know what year the car was and said that the original owner of the car parked it "6 months ago" and just left it - that was clearly a lie.

Anyways, it looks like a nice project and seemed to have some good rust protection by the rockers, and I think you can register it in NH with a bill of sale or at least it would be good for parts

Best of luck,
Scott

Lucian <sp?> I think is his name. Nice old gentleman from the old country.
He kept calling it a 74 but it is clearly a 78 via the door tag. None the less, he's getting old and closing his business. It's a clean car and it will get back on the road easily. And yes, all I need is a bill of sale in nh.

Looks like an Abarth hardtop

The hardtop that's sitting on the 124 Spider looks like the Abarth version of the hardtop. The lack of chrome is the first indication. I have both the stock and Abarth versions. The Abarth version is VERY light compared to stock. Maybe that's why the tire is on it?

Maybe worth some $? I don't know.

Last edited:
Matt is right

About the factory hard top on the 124. The top sitting on the X is actually from an Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio. Looks like it's been ridden hard and put away wet...so to speak. If there is hardware with it and the headliner is OK, you should try to preserve it if you can. They are hard to come by.

Hard top

That top is actually an early (71-82) Alfa Spider hardtop.

It's in okay condition, and I think he wanted only $50 for it!

Mike

Have you done any work on your new X yet? Any pictures?

BTW, I meant to post earlier, but are those actually X1/9 seats in the car? They almost look like 850 Spider seats.

Back