Biggest ever barnfind sale breaks million mark

Greg (in Conn)

Bertone curator - X driver
Classic & Sports Car article

Again doubling its lower estimate was a 1983 Fiat X1/9 Bertone, which had covered just 2370 miles from new.

It reportedly had spent the past eight years in storage and quickly reached its upper estimate of £10,000, before selling for £17,940.
That converts to $30k USD!

AS IT SHOULD

These cars are brilliant in concept, spot on in construction ,good looking. and handle like no other car PERIOD. It amazes me that they have stayed affordable this long, especially with all the engine swap options out there. Soon a solid rolling chassis should be worth BANK. Have you seen what a VW Microbus sells for these days? Where is the engineering in that? Yet our truly Micro-X-otics remain low...but for how long?

The market and supply and demand is what determines value.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), the X 1/9 has been unappreciated... except by a few who know...

Can someone tell me

The advantage of the combined clear/amber front lamps. They look cool. If there were advantage to them, I'd consider swapping out the amber only lamps on my US spec cars. Anyone?

What's up with the body plug rivet through the weather stripping on the driver's door area:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TIME-WARP...956118?hash=item33c4ac4456:g:j2MAAOSw-0xYTZTX

I don't know that a low mileage nicely preserved car is worth much unless the whole market for that particular car is high, which it isn't for an X, not saying it shouldn't be, it just isn't. I wonder if there's a formula for that, like a "good car" averages 5k then a super concourse museum piece is 300% of "good"? Hmmmmm no idea.
What's a low mileage all original K Car worth?
http://usedmotorzcity.com/dodge-for...vertible-k-car-1-owner-low-miles-no-rust.html

(I tried to ask, the website won't work with the contact button, oh well)

My 1982 X has the same body plug rivet and i have all original weatherstripping so looks to be factory

I think 22k is about the most I have seen someone pay for one in the USA.... I paid considerably less for one with 2400 miles.... Up to 6k now!

AS IT SHOULD

These cars are brilliant in concept, spot on in construction ,good looking. and handle like no other car PERIOD. It amazes me that they have stayed affordable this long, especially with all the engine swap options out there. Soon a solid rolling chassis should be worth BANK. Have you seen what a VW Microbus sells for these days? Where is the engineering in that? Yet our truly Micro-X-otics remain low...but for how long?

Grant Kelly,
Jerry Garcia never owned an X1/9. What we need to do is get a famous person to brag about owning an X1/9 like Jay Leno. Then our little autos would jump exponentially in value. So who has one to gift to Jay?
Just say'n,
Mike

Grant Kelly,
Jerry Garcia never owned an X1/9. What we need to do is get a famous person to brag about owning an X1/9 like Jay Leno. Then our little autos would jump exponentially in value. So who has one to gift to Jay?
Just say'n,
Mike

As long as they don't take a "Porsche jump," which resulted in cars like brown 1976 USA-spec smogged 911s to go from under $20k to over $50k in about 5 years. Mass produced, nothing special, but people are going nuts for them.

Can someone tell me

The advantage of the combined clear/amber front lamps. They look cool. If there were advantage to them, I'd consider swapping out the amber only lamps on my US spec cars. Anyone?

I did it, and it looks awesome

Attachments

• 1229859_10151836180062453_884842907_n.jpg
    1229859_10151836180062453_884842907_n.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 60
Back