WINTER IS DEAD (in New England)

geekdaddy

X1/9 Learner's Permit...
Long live Spring/Summer!
I actually took a short break from work and did some engine part painting in the garage today. In shorts!!! :D:dance2:

Haha! That's the LOW for our CA friends...

But Greg, you're right... I didn't have to scrape the windshield this morning for the first time. :dance2:

According to XWeb tradition...

if there's no pictures it didn't happen! However we ALL thank you for the lack of photos of you in shorts :)

BTW tomorrow should be a good day for me, my X returns!

I've been wearing shorts at work this week.

I've been wearing shorts at work this week. A bit chilly in the mornings, so I wear a sweater, and now it's mid 60's and improving here in the PNW.

Here's a nice pic of my shorts and girly ankles/socks :)

And here's a pic of the work I did on the block, alternator bracket, water pump tube, and oil pan. My trunk-facing block face was very rusty so I cleaned/etched it and painted with motor coater from KBS. I like it:

if there's no pictures it didn't happen! However we ALL thank you for the lack of photos of you in shorts :)

BTW tomorrow should be a good day for me, my X returns!

Finally broke here too. 73ish today, bright sun and blue sky, glorious. The X stayed put though as I dug out the CB500. Motorcycles are fun too. Wow did I miss that!!!!

Today while I was fooling around with the Queen it was 70 deg. f. and I'm currently in shorts.:dance2:

I agree with Jeff,

motorcycles are fun too!

Then again, I live in La-La Land so almost everyday is a good day to ride.

(Not trying to make anyone feel bad.) :grin:

motorcycles are fun too!

Then again, I live in La-La Land so almost everyday is a good day to ride.

(Not trying to make anyone feel bad.) :grin:

You can get away with running the motorcycle license plat sideways now? When I was Building bikes in So Cal I couldn't get a mile down the road before I was pulled over for improper display of License plate. Maybe cops are smarter now and can read sideways. The weather here in the Ozarks got up to near 80*f then got chilly again. I looks like it is starting warming again. This winter is the worse we have had in twenty five years. It is usually similar to the high desert and mountain winters of southern California.

Yea, I guess they gave up.

Seems like the new thing here in SoCal is to bring back those old, extremely loud, extremely obnoxious Harleys. Those guys are stripping everything of their bikes. No turn signals, no fenders. Basically, the only lighting they have on their bikes is the weak headlight and a tiny red bulb above the license plate, which is mounted sideways on the axle nut. They're building bobbers basically.

I talked to a motorcycle cop the other day about the legal issues with these bikes. He said that it's not really harming anyone and that they don't have the time to stop every single motorcyclist they see with those mods.

Cool thing about mine is that I built the bracket in a way where it can accommodate both vertical and horizontal mountings. If I ever get pulled over, I'll just flip it. By the way, my bike is NOT a Harley.

Seems like the new thing here in SoCal is to bring back those old, extremely loud, extremely obnoxious Harleys. Those guys are stripping everything of their bikes. No turn signals, no fenders. Basically, the only lighting they have on their bikes is the weak headlight and a tiny red bulb above the license plate, which is mounted sideways on the axle nut. They're building bobbers basically.

I talked to a motorcycle cop the other day about the legal issues with these bikes. He said that it's not really harming anyone and that they don't have the time to stop every single motorcyclist they see with those mods.

Cool thing about mine is that I built the bracket in a way where it can accommodate both vertical and horizontal mountings. If I ever get pulled over, I'll just flip it. By the way, my bike is NOT a Harley.

"By the way, my bike is NOT a Harley" Yep I noticed that. Harley Davidson...1908 technology at 2014 prices. Hunter S. Thompson wrote a book about the hell's angels in late 60's and in the 70's there were a lot of outlaw biker movies that had a lot of negative sway on public opinion. There were a lot of laws made at that time trying to curb the radical chopper designs. Opinion was so bad that when my wife and I took a trip up through Seattle in 71 on my customized Triumph motorcycle we were denied entry into Canada because we was on a motorcycle.

Back