TOON and FRIENDS come to L.A.!

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli
It seems Toon and his friends were on a tight schedule with a whirlwind tour of California and Las Vegas. We only got to see them for about two hours where they met Tommy Mastracchio, Rudy Mortero and I at the Neathercutt Collection in San Sylmar. (If you don't recall, Toon is restoring a LIDO in Thailand.)

From left to right, Rudy, Sam, Toon, Tommy, Me, unknown, and Tony. They also brought along a hired driver. We toured the Neathercutt self-guided collection and train, but was unable to do the formal tour... which I am sad that they missed. Nothing like it anywhere.

Toon kneeling, Rudy standing, Tony leaning on Tommy's Vette. Rudy literally THREW his car together for the drive this Saturday and was happy that there were NO overhearing issues or other problems. This is the car he came home with and restored many moons ago, sold to a guy in Vegas, and bought it back again many years later. Its off to the paint shop soon and his Henk-Leather-Covered-Dashboard is AMAZING with stitching that matches the rest of his interior!

Tony and Tommy's Vette... one hell of an awesome ride he's got there.

AND... to our pleasant surprise... there were a quandary of KIT-KARS that were having a gathering in the Neathercutt parking lot when we arrived. Most all were OUTSTANDING and well assembled, mostly by pros... but still... and they fooled ya right up until you got under the hoods...

Sorry, but I guess my photos are too LARGE to post here... Some other time.

Lastly, Toon gifted all three of us with some Thai souvenirs and then they hadta go! When asked where they had to be next... they all said COSTCO!

HA! Hopefully we will see them again soon and be able to spend more time with them. Great folks... just like most everyone on this site!

Tony and Toon

Great photos and a memorable time for sure. THIS is the kind of thing that makes this forum truly special.

I never knew that COSTCO sold x1/9 parts!! Lol

Nice to see Toon got to meet our Socal ambassadors:worship:!!!...ive been following both his Lido and 128 build thread faithfully and hes a joy to communicate with.:)

He dropped me a note to say he was home in Bangkok...

but hardly said nothing else.

I replied that I wanted to know everything about his COSTCO visit!

HA!

Frankly, I think a WALMART SUPERCENTER is much more impressive!

HAHAHA!

Hi, Greetings from Thailand!

Just arrived Bangkok, so tried. Still being 16 hours flight Jet-lack! :sleep:

Sorry that I didn't have enough time with you guys as I wanted to, but that was an AWESOME moment. :)
... Please contact me if any of you here come to Thailand.

BTW, Costco is a good place I could buy many gifts for my family and friends. :D

Here is some photos, I'll post more photos later. (They're in my friend's camera)

Have a nice day.
Toon

Nice pics Toon!!...seems like you guys really enjoyed your visit!!

Sure Albert.

Just found this best photo! :thumbsup:

p10002621.jpg

Back