I'm telling ya, it's a sickness..

Haven't been able to pick it up yet!

With all this global warming on the ground, I haven't been able to get it. Tomorrow is the big day tho!

The good:

Car is a solid New Englander. Thanks allah it was Ziebarted!
Wheels/tires are good. The wheels will need to be redone to make them look good.
SS expansion tank FTW!
Interior is pretty good for the age
it rolls
Key areas where rust is the killer are spotless

The bad:

Rockers are knockered
Door edges
nose os dented and rotted
Frunk lid is losing its weather sealant (rust).
engine cover is rotted at both corners
drivers seat is ripped
engine hasnt run in over a year (but ran when parked)
clutch pedal is like hitting a wall.
battery is dead

All in all, it'll be a great summer driver. I still have the 86 scrapper so I can do the body work on the fly with donations from that car

I was gonna say about the same...

It has some really GOOD points and some not so good. But all appears fixable.

You forgot to mention that Spoiler... and the exhaust! HA!

Congrats!

So close..

Again, I can't tell you how close I was to buying that car! Congratulations - it looks like it's in good hands :)

Got to take a real close look...

The car is borderline. Rockers need attention, nose is both dented and rotten, both floors are rotted, and assorted dents and dings. I'll have to see what is available on the stripper that's still sitting on the trailer to determine if transplanting metal is worth it. The thing is, I like the car and what rotted can be replaced. With either effort/money, or both.

And HenkeX runs!

Took some time today to see if a little starting fluid and a recharged battery will make t run. Well it does! Had to freshen up the gas and use a whole can of starting fluid but it's a runner. An added benefit is the clutch worked itself free after it warmed up.

Next up is evaluate the body

Really not feeling it..

I like the car, alot. But... I just dont have time for another project. It's worthy of much more than what I have time for. If anybody wants a decent bodied runner, I'm open to offers.

I can also offer up all the good body panels from the scrapper to sweeten the deal.

Car is...

Up for sale now. Would love to fix it up, but I already got too much on my plate.

Back