Autobella Car Show Melbourne 2014

Beauty!

Great stuff. Looks like lots of Xs on display.

I love the handbrake sound at the death!

Brian

SO KOOL

wow great video really appreciated you posting it, it made me smile at all the wonderful cars,,,,, so good so so good,

Thanks again

Very nicely done, mate......!!

.....and not one "Foster's" sign to be seen anywhere!! :worship:

cheers, Ian - NZ

Bella molto apprezzata

Couldn't get there either

Is that green stuff grass wow, last time I made it down for the meet there was none.

Noice video :clap:

Geez Dom... Are you really 7' 2" tall, or...

was that just the fish-eye lens on your camera!

And... You folks down there must have more Italian cars per capita than any other place in the world!

Great video, thanks for posting!

Haha I'm about 6' 2", I think the fish eye lens and the nice padded seats in the x make me look like a giant. Unless I really slide down in the drivers seat my head sticks out the top :p

And thanks for the feedback glad you all enjoyed it, it was a fantastic day.
I've only had the x for a couple month so it was my first time entering a car in autobella (been there the last couple years as a 'spectator').

What you didn't get to see in the video was that my brakes started to engage while driving and I had to pull over and let it cool down to release the brakes just before getting to Como park. It did it on the way home as well, I'm thinking it's the master cylinder. Not looking forward to changing that!

Hopefully by next autobella the car will have advanced quite a bit more from stock, and my camera skills get a little better :p

Dom

Tony, re having a lot of Italian cars here....

The Sunday before last, our club (Fiat Club) had a little convoy heading for Canberra for the annual Auto Italia car show. We had breakfast at a truck stop about half way down there and when we pulled out back onto the freeway, we merged in with about 30 Alfa Romeos and Abarth 500's.

It was an incredible co-incidence and for the next hour and a half we drove in this fantastic Italian car convoy, often swapping positions, with those with cameras (not me, I was driving alone) taking shots as they passed.

I said to someone when we arrived at the show that I had never seen that many Italian cars on a highway like that, not even in one of my trips to Italy! In Italy there are lots of BMWs, Mercs, Peugeots, VWs, trucks, etc, etc mixed in. I can only imagine what the few people we passed, including truckies thought about us as we zoomed by! Driving heaven.

Dom, your brakes seizing... just the rears or fronts as well?

Several causes...

The calipers need to SLIDE on their mounts and many get stuck or rusted in place.

Additionally, some have compromised flex lines that need to be replaced as they do not allow the fluid to release the caliper.

Your problem could be the HEATED pads or the flex lines slowly allowing the fluid to come back.

If its just the rears, look at the e-brake also.

Sorry for your trouble... glad you are enjoying the car otherwise!

Hey Warren, either you are a country full of...

ENTHUSIASTS or Italy dumped all their junk on you. HA!

I prefer to think of the former... I don't know what your overall population numbers are... but it sure appears that you have loads of Italian cars, considering.

I often mention your brothers (cousins?) to the South when I followed the America's Cup racing in the 80's and those yachts cost about 3 million dollars apiece. Here in America we had about 280 Million people at the time so if it were not for the filthy rich and wealthy corporations sponsoring the contender, each American would need to contribute about a penny apiece.

A New Zealand-er would have needed to cough up a buck!

HA! Nice chatting with ya~!

Yes, a lot of Italian cars in Australia

Years ago (90s?) a bunch of us X owners in Victoria would drive up to Eden (or was it Bega) and spend a weekend with a bunch of X-heads from New South Wales. It was always fun seeing a convoy of X1/9s travelling up and down the coast.

Hey Tony, we DID......!!!!!!!!!

....A New Zealand-er would have needed to cough up a buck! .......

Our Prime Minister, John Key, (without even asking me) threw $45 mill into that last America's Cup, saying that when we won it (not IF we won it), NZ would benefit hugely from the publicity, more jobs for yacht builders, blah blah blah!!
Jimmy Spittal/Larry Ellison put paid to all that crap!
Now us poor Kiwi's are being expected to accept all that, and say to ourselves "oh well, there is always next time!!"
Tony, if this post sounds like a begging, pleading for some US$$$$$$ to help us poor buggers out - IT IS!!
(you know my home address - please send lots!! :help:)

cheers, Ian - NZ

Back