Clutch Master?

The bottom line is

You need fluid in the cylinder to make the seals work, if not you get a false positive that the slave or master is DOA. :dance2:

I need about 4 shoe horns to get the Pedal Box back in!

It sure came out easier than it's going back in.
Clutch and Brake Masters, Clutch Slave all changed out.

Trying to hit those 2 bolts in the back is hell!
I keep getting it to high right on top of the Bottom bolt.

Using my bar from my Craftsman jack to help me keep it up back there.
Any better methods you guys have.
This is proving more difficult than I first thought.

Yah, those nuts suck. I don't remember doing anything trickey besides the standard contortions and curses. When you bolt the steering column back on, put some washers as shims in there, the two back ones, to angle the steering wheel up slightly, more leg room

Yah, those nuts suck. I don't remember doing anything trickey besides the standard contortions and curses. When you bolt the steering column back on, put some washers as shims in there, the two back ones, to angle the steering wheel up slightly, more leg room

I spent hours hanging in from the side where i would just get on top of it. Wedge my jack handle in and loose sight of them.

I had the whole thing out of there taking the upper lines out in an hour..
Mind boggling and cramped. I didn't take the seat out.
But I think i will try that in the morning...

This sucks!!! lol
I have a feeling I will have to unkink the line I ran into the Clutch master too. It keeps popping out. But I can do that once I have the Box in there.
I first tried doing it with the upper nuts attached. That proved useless. I am sore! LOL

get the seat out, you can lay on your back with head right up in there

Yep, and then it's easy to get the two bulkhead studs through their respective holes and start a nut on one of them, and then the damn thing will stay put while you get everything in place.

A second person is helpful, just to hand you tools and hardware, because you don't have anywhere to set stuff down. Use a CF bulb n your droplight, or use an LED light - resting an incandescent bulb next to your ear is a bad idea.

Yep, and then it's easy to get the two bulkhead studs through their respective holes and start a nut on one of them, and then the damn thing will stay put while you get everything in place.

A second person is helpful, just to hand you tools and hardware, because you don't have anywhere to set stuff down. Use a CF bulb n your droplight, or use an LED light - resting an incandescent bulb next to your ear is a bad idea.

I am just hoping that those M8 hex bolts aren't stripped. Will find out here in a few hours. I just want to get the damn thing with a bolt or two :D

Couldn't get the seat out. Seems it decided to lock in the back position.
Got the front 2 out though.

Managed to get the bottom bolt to come threw with my Craftsman jack lever trick! :)
Grabbed the pedals by hand, got the Pedal Box onto the bolt. Held it with my left. Grabbed the lever with my right. Proped it, Grabbed a washer and nut real quick!
Now to wire the bottom 2 hard lines, Reline to the Clutch Master.
fill it all with Synthetic DOT3/4...

Should be able to drive it in the parking lot by weekend! Woot :hammer:

Back