Anyone know the measures of those bags...

Also search EBay under "retro holdall" All sorts of goodies come up. BOAC bags always look.

YES, YES, YES! You are speaking MY language!

These are just about perfect in size and price!

Some logo patches sewn on discreetly, possibly in several colors to match or compliment the bags... and WHAA-LA!

I'm gonna check with MY wife and see if she could make patches as well on the friggin' $1200 dollar embroidery machine I bought her, and so far, have reaped no benefits from! HA!

Also these two-toned bags as well!

http://www.tsbagstore.com/product/B_DB1181/Two-Tone-Duffel-Bag---18-X-9-X-9.html

A little big, 22 x 11 x 11 inches... but would work...

if they weren't stuffed.

Real close to the original TAN colors also.

A liitle off topic, but....

....I bought this bag in Italy last year at the Stanguellini Factory and Museum.
DSCN5530.jpg

Couldn't resist it after seeing some pretty ordinary bags at the shop next to the Ferrari Museum in Maranello, which were twice the price! (and not made as well).

It is a bit too big for the X1/9 boot though - at least the rear one - being 12" deep and 13" high.

One of the reasons I bought it was as a carry-on bag for the flight home, but then I found that it was too big for the airline's regulations. Had to fold it down flat and stuff it into my checked luggage. Hmmm. :mallet:

Last edited:
These would be great...

Hi Ricardo. I'm excited to see what you come up with, and I think these bags are a nice starting point for something Fiat or Bertone specific. I like the form factor, and two of them would fit great in the rear boot. There are so many potential embroidery patterns that would be cool. Obviously the Fiat or Bertone hood ornaments would be cool. Or even just block text. Maybe an Abarth version? I think it would be fantastic if bags could be embroidered with the stylized x1/9 silhouette in different thread colors to match one's car. I should also mention that for folks who don't want to tote their bags, preferring roller versions, Henk sells a terrific bag with wheels and a pull out handle. My son and I are using them this week for a cross-country trek in Mia, bringing her back to SLC from Matt's shop in Columbus. They fit great and are very functional for short duration trips. A nice alternative. Cheers all.

Hey Ricky, others... Here's a FIRST DRAFT...

from my wife's embroidery machine.

We plan on using a slightly different FONT in ITALICS on a dark DENIM Fabrics with WHITE lettering. Using this fabric, no borders would be needed and the patch could then be glued or sewed onto the bags.

This was just a "proof of concept" trial on some scrap. I think it will work out fairly well. I'll be searching the local fabric store soon for what colors are available... Never thought sewing could be so much fun! HA!

(Nothing like the originals though... but pretty cool I think!)

Done!!

Hi guys,

I ask, because I take measures on the rear trunk 46 x 13.5 x 7 and those bags in this picture looks bigger than this measures

1904052_754676101222844_1800880291_n.jpg

Here is a quick drawing, measures on the rear trunk 46 x 13.5 x 7

1382823_649740801766340_1474713561_n.jpg

regards.

HI Guys,

Finally I finished this project, I chose this colors black bag and beige patch to make match with my car, I made just a couple patches and a couple $$$ but I’m happy with this project.

Hope you like it.

X19-bags-001_zpsdd61befa.jpg

X19-bags-002_zps68862963.jpg

X19-bags-020_zps4de0e2c2.jpg

X19-bags-021_zps3bb5c151.jpg

X19-bags-022_zps4abf0c99.jpg

X19-bags-023_zpsf8b68e2e.jpg

X19-bags-024_zpse5a23702.jpg

X19-bags-025_zps3f103f4a.jpg

X19-bags-026_zps7f1b55c9.jpg

X19-bags-027_zps11d64d1e.jpg

X19-bags-028_zps87045570.jpg

X19-bags-029_zps03c8aab0.jpg

X19-bags-030_zps334fb54e.jpg

:thumbsup: Many thanks to all who help me to get right measures and comments. :headbang:

Thanks for watching.

These look terrific Ricardo.

Are you planning to offer these for sale? If so, will there be different color and logo options? I'd definitely want a set in red, perhaps with a Bertone logo.

WOW Ricky... As usual, great work! BTW, do you offer...

square "chonnies" to fit in the bags as well?

HA!

NOW... there's another idea to impress the S.O. Custom matched chonnies and other sleepwear... Just don't even think about offering Speedos!

Just X1-9 logo..

Are you planning to offer these for sale? If so, will there be different color and logo options? I'd definitely want a set in red, perhaps with a Bertone logo.

Hi Mike,
unfortunately, just I made the "X1-9" Logo to follow originals and make the "b" logo, I need to make a file (no problem to make it because I make the art work, problem is pay to make the file on the embroidery company) then send to make on production. Knowing our X members I won't recover my investment, I did the X1-9 because I WANTED my bags and I assume the cost productions for my toys ( like almost all of my projects). Iet me check the bags on RED, I have an other 2 patches, I was thinking to make other set on GREY, but RED with patch on beige canvas with black, I think will looks awesome too.

let me check the bags availability, patch could be any color or embroidery on the same bag.

Regards.

Hi Ricardo.

I hope you don't mind my earlier post. I just wasn't sure if you were trying to gauge interest in these bags among xweb members before initiating a larger production run. My mistake. These bags are really nice! The size is perfect too. Would you be willing to tell us your source for the bags? My wife has a sewing machine that does embroidery, and we could play around with it. Maybe we could try some patterns, and if they looked ok, try them on some bags. Again, yours look great. You should be proud of what you've created, as always. Be well.

Sure!,

Hi Mike,

Yes I'll send all the information, but I won't be on my office 'till next wednesday, I have all the information there. But I'll send all the info ASAP!.

Regards.

Back