Bleeding new aluminum radiator...

Not sure how I missed the talk of replacing the thermoswitch and the bleeder with the originals as I followed the thread from get go. Anyways all is good now :happy: I removed the plugs and installed the original rad thermoswitch and the allan key bleeder. I love that with the aluminum rad the bleeder sits an inch higher so it comes out of the frunk hole just enough that it's easier then ever to bleed. The rad has been bled by the fill reservoir until it comes out the rad method and I couldn't be happier. My thermostat does have a bleeder so I may try the method of removing it and continuing to fill until coolant comes out of it as described by our awesome members.

'PeteX1/9

A bit off topic but has any measured the weight difference? I imagine it'll end up weighing more due to the capacity difference but I'm curious and I won't be putting mine in for a few months since I don't have any cooling issues, just bought it for future assurance when I do a swap.

Weighing more????
I didn't think of putting it on the scale but from picking up the stock steel one and then the aluminum one, I'd say the aluminum rad weighs half what the steel one does.

I'm sure someone will weigh their aluminum one and chime in.

'PeteX1/9

just a note, when I cracked the rad bleeder (on OEM radiator) the other day, nothing.
popped the reservoir cap and it started to flow,

Back