Do I Need Professional Help? Now with Pix!

Dan Sarandrea (Phila)

Waitin' On Parts...
Scored a new-in-sealed-FIAT-bag OEM Savara thermostat, FIAT part number 4222883.

I have had a saved search on eBay for over a year looking for one.

It came yesterday. I opened the shipping box and actually sat down and admired it for about 5 minutes.

Do I need professional :help:?:)

IMG_4856_zps03d9b808.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_4858_zps3bba4d78.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Yes... Because after so many years on this site...

Us amateurs have obviously FAILED in our attempts to help you.

I think 3 - one hour a week sessions might help... If not, then probably a 90 day in-patient rehab somewhere in New Mexico might help. Lastly, there just may not be a cure... as you appear to be somewhat terminal!

Gosh no. I managed to find a set of Turbovec rims for my VW bus. Having sent them away for a refurb I couldn't strop fingering my rim with excitement. I felt like a dirty pervert but I didn't care. They are sexy.

2y2u2esu.jpg

And the X1/9 luggage I bought I spent an evening sniffing it. Smelt rancid and it still does but it's thee luggage.

As don't get me started on fingering the brochure for my car. I want a cream polo neck jumper.
2unu6a3e.jpg

Re: rancid luggage

If you were over here in the Colonies I would be able to provide a cure for the rancid luggage.

It's called SteriFab and it works absolute miracles on fabrics that have the musty/rancid/yucky smell to them. It stone-cold nukes the mold , mildew and spores that have infested the fabric and create the smell. It also "lifts out" the old smell as it dries.

I ordered original replacement seat skins and door cards from Henk, and they were in perfect physical condition but thru no fault of Henk's, just from years of storage, they had that same smell. Soaked everything with SteriFab and let it air dry over a few days and smell=>GONE.

http://www.sterifab.com/new_web_page/index.html

Maybe something similar on your side of the Pond?

Re: rancid luggage

If you were over here in the Colonies I would be able to provide a cure for the rancid luggage.

It's called SteriFab and it works absolute miracles on fabrics that have the musty/rancid/yucky smell to them. It stone-cold nukes the mold , mildew and spores that have infested the fabric and create the smell. It also "lifts out" the old smell as it dries.

I ordered original replacement seat skins and door cards from Henk, and they were in perfect physical condition but thru no fault of Henk's, just from years of storage, they had that same smell. Soaked everything with SteriFab and let it air dry over a few days and smell=>GONE.

http://www.sterifab.com/new_web_page/index.html

Maybe something similar on your side of the Pond?

Thanks. I'll investigate this.

Does steri-fab work on cat pee? I recently dug out my luggage and found that one of my cats decided to mark it. I washed the strap, but there's some of the smell on other parts. A simple rinsing with a hose didn't get rid of it all. What do you think?

I don't have any pets so I never had an occasion to test it in that manner.

None of the literature from the manufacturer specifically states it is effective against pet "incidents" so I could not really say one way or the other.

You'll only need professional help if you keep it sealed in the bag and don't fit it to your X19....

BTW is it the 'correct' temp termostat for the X? not at home right now so can't check my parts manuals, but the 128/130 looks identical but a different temp setting...it means you will need to open the bag to look.

SteveC

Back