Front mounted fuel tank / fuel cell in SoCal

tdskip

True Classic
Looks recent, haven't pulled everything apart at this point, but looks good.

Might be hard to ship. Looking for $250 / reasonable offers.

Last edited:
Does that have an internal pump? Plastic? Other than the mod for fuel level (I assume) seen in the picture, $250.00 is a little high - if its plastic.

Does that have an internal pump? Plastic? Other than the mod for fuel level (I assume) seen in the picture, $250.00 is a little high - if its plastic.

Hi Tim - it does have an internal pump, and it is plastic. What is a fair price range? Not trying to be greedy here.

Thanks!

More info needed

What are the dimensions of the tank? (length, width & height) What is the fuel capacity? Any brand/makers' name on it? (looks similar to a Jaz® fuel cell) Any tank model number?

How is this mounted in (secured to) the car? Are you positive it has an in-tank fuel pump? The round black plastic fixture with 3 wires going to it is the fuel level sending unit, like this:

shopping

All of this info will help establish/define your selling price. As it is, I'd agree with Tim's assessment that your $250 asking price is a bit high. For example, if you Google "fuel cell" (click on "shopping") you'll find that, depending on fuel capacity (yours looks to be about 12-16 gallons), similar NEW plastic tanks (with the exact same features) are about $30-$75 cheaper. Here's a sample:

http://www.google.com/shopping/prod...X&ei=Rw1WU5efCqqisQS3iIGwBg&ved=0CEgQ8wIwCjhQ

Hi Jeff, thanks for the note and points to check. I looked again this morning and you are correct that it uses an external pump. Thanks for correcting me, want to make sure I am accurate in what I am saying any anyone buying it knows exactly what they are getting and is happy with it.

I'll pull it out and measure it this weekend.

What do you think a fair price would be?

Hi Jeff, thanks for the note and points to check. I looked again this morning and you are correct that it uses an external pump. Thanks for correcting me, want to make sure I am accurate in what I am saying any anyone buying it knows exactly what they are getting and is happy with it.

Please understand that my post wasn't meant to "correct" you, but rather express the need for more info that someone looking to purchase this fuel cell would want (need) to know. The fuel level sending unit does look like a pump, I only knew it wasn't one because a friend of mine just had to replace this item on his race car. :)

What do you think a fair price would be?

Without knowing its capacity (at the very least), hard to say. You'd probably want to also verify the condition of the inside of the tank first. Is it empty? Have old/sludgey fuel in it? Is the sending unit clean & functional or gunked-up? (the sending unit is probably the most expensive piece)

No worries Jeff, I was wrong and needed correcting and am glad you jumped in to make sure I got the details right.

Tank is in good shape, not gunked up. Small amount of fuel is stale but that is about it.

Back