Northeast: Frost on the pumpkin

geekdaddy

X1/9 Learner's Permit...
Got our first significant frost on the pumpkin (and the lawn) this morning. Fall has been late, warm, and mostly sunny here but the days are definitely shorter and only a few good weeks of fantastic weather and beautiful driving conditions.

I've had nearly every weekend committed to family activities, chores, or other things which have not permitted much wrenching nor driving time on the X. This weekend was no different and on Sunday the wife and I went to church and then met with some friends at a local Octoberfest event. ...which I thought would occupy the entire afternoon but instead only lasted a few hours. We drove the X to the event and now had a few extra hours to buzz around, leaf peep, etc. Karen likes to drive too and it always makes me a little nervous as a passenger but she drives well despite havine less familiarity with the gearbox. It was a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon which makes all the time in the garage skinning my knuckles absolutely worth it! Took several photos but I really like this one:

Back