1974 Values... If a Lambo can fetch $1.87M...

Tony, your math is essentially correct

But you forgot to divide by the number of X1/9s produced vs Countach's produced. And then divide again by number of X1/9 cylinders vs Countach cylinders.

That has the equation coming out pretty close. :)

Pete

Hi Tony,
My 74 X is worth that much to me,
I've had it for 24 years and don't plan on a divorce just yet, but a settlement of 187k might make me change my mind.

I've seen a lot of posts around saying you can't get a 2ltrs in without major mods, well I did mine 20 years ago without the internet dooms dayers, without hacking into the body and producing 150+ hp at the wheel.

Hey Frank... Congrats and WELCOME, I think...

I don't recall seeing any of your posts before and you appear to be a "newbie" juding from the Join Date...

Love to see some photos of the conversion you did... and congrats on your marriage and longevity with both the car and the wife!

Its been 31 and 47, respectively for me...

The pics on the grass are from 94 when the mods were completed, the ones in the garage are more recent, and btw the car outlasted the marriage, that only went for 16 years

NICE, NICE, NICE...

Love the Red interior as well...

That mill ALMOST looks like the factory installed and what a "proper" upgrade. Not that I am into PROPER... but it really looks RIGHT and what shoulda been in there all along.

Tell us/Show us the methodology you used to accomplish it!

Thanks!

How it was done.....

From what I remember, 20 years ago doing a mod like this needed a lot of patience and many hours of trial and error. That engine & gbox went in and out of that engine bay many times to get the correct position, angle and clearance.
I didn't want to cut into the body so I lowered the engine so the top of the gearbox was 10mm under the body. I moved the right engine mount and welded it to the right crossmember near the suspension housing.
Then strengthened and modified the left control arm to clear the gearbox through full travel. I remember having the rear springs stiffened to reduce the amount of travel. The other main part was having the main bottom engine mount completely designed and made to order in 6mm heavy guage steel. The 4 bolts that held the original engine were replaced with high tensile 14mm head bolts. This cross mount also held the linkage arm that transferred the gear selector from the x below to the lancia gbox above.
A local dealer called Fiaparts were selling a mod Kit at the time but I didnt like the price or the position of how the engine sat in the bay, so designing the cross mount helped in getting the engine to sit so low.
I did use their linkage system though, all the other engine mount were made to order. The left gearbox mount is bolted onto the left cross member and is a mount from a Holden HK.
So once the engine was in place, adjusting and modifying the linkage arms took countless hours of trial and error to get a factory feeling gear change that I was happy with. Getting tired remembering, chapter 2 will go into Inlet, exhaust and ignition mods

Hmmmm... no photos huh? Lots of 1000 word...

descriptions to follow.

I'm not familiar with all the parts you mentioned or just how the trans sits, but I get the idea. Thanks...

Back