Mystery Radiators

jjay911

True Classic
I ran across these in a box in my garage. I cant remember what they are off of. They almost look like Motorcycle radiators but the in and out pipes are different size. Leading me to believe AC radiators. There are two of them. They appear new. Not sure if but I think most of my genre of stuff is Old Alfa, Fiat, or VW. Any ideas are appreciated. :italia:

They look like evaporators for HVAC, the one on the left does anyway, the one on the right kinda does also. They have no tanks really

Hmmm. Now I have no idea what they are from. The kind of look like heater cores. But I didnt find anything. Later I may look closer and see if there are part numbers. Also sort of look like a Motorcycle radiator. It might be from a turbo project I never finished. :wall:

My 29 cents... I hadn't considered them to be A/C...

EVAPS because I saw no fittings so I was leaning towards specific model heater cores. Now that it was mentioned, they certainly do look like EVAPS.

They also seem to have pre-bent tubing for a specific vehicle and now that the fittings have been tossed, it would be difficult to re-use them as either kind of core. OH... and if they were an A/C evap, they would be able to stand about 150 pounds of pressure, and a heater core would only need to confine about 30 pounds. So, it would be OK for an evap core to be a heater core, but probably not the other way around.*

They would indeed make a great radiator for a Motorcycle or a Trans cooler or a Power Steering Pump cooler... for the do-it yourself-er.

Actual NEW models that are guaranteed sell for quite reasonable prices.

*So without going through all the hassle to sell them and not knowing if they have leaks and the pressures they will contain... I think recycling them as scrap would be your best bet as well.

Oh... definitely not for AIR or inter-cooling either... volume is not there...

HTH...

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Ya I agree scrap. Since I have no clue what they are really for and No time to deal with them. Unless someone here wants them I will put them in the recycle bin.

Back