24 Hours of LeMons Day One.

Rupunzell

Bernice Loui
New world record for number of cars at a road race, about 250.
Previous record was about 170.

World%2520Record%2520Sticker.jpg

Day started off with some testing on Friday, Car ran well, chassis well behaved. Except the newly fitted front brakes from the Abarth 500 proved to have the wrong front-rear brake balance, so the previous Wilwood set up got put back and braking restored to what it once was.

Here is what part of our pit area looks like:
LeMons%2520Pit%2520in%2520the%2520morning%252C%25209.13.2014.jpg

This is my Hazet box that has traveled to every LeMons event since 2008. The tool content varies with what is specifically needed to support the car.
Hazet%252C%25209.13.2014.jpg

This is what the starting grid looks like:
LeMons%2520grid%252C%25209-13-2014.jpg

Testing the revised fueling container:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=picasacid

The PP rotary powered x1/9 ran well all day. The legendary chassis behavior of the x1/9 remains except it now has nee 200 Bhp of rotary power which gives this LeMons racer the ability to simply walk away from other cars on the inside line.

At the end of day one, we ended up about 40th overall out of about 250 cars. One lap makes a difference of about 10 places.

Post race day one, the usual checks and flushing of the brake fluid was done. Car is now ready for another day of racing.
Large number of LeMons racers including the folks from Evil Genius Racing (they build and work on a LOT of LeMons racers) stopped by wondering what makes this x1/9 so !!!!! fast.

Got to go now and get ready for another race day.

Bernice

Good stuff Bernice, video doesn't work though...

I was looking forward to seeing racing videos as well...

Ya got me HOOKED now... I might even send MONEY to see them!

Best wishes to all and best of luck today!

Back