Help please!

arc12111

True Classic
Can someone please tell me how to post pictures to this site? I have already registered to Image shack, and can't seem to find an easy way of posting pics of my beautiful X1/9. Thank you always my friends.

I use photobucket

so I can't comment on ImageShack specifics, but I imagine they are similar. When logged onto PB, there is a symbol on each of the pictures. Clicking on that brings up a little sub-menu, one of the options on the sub-menu is "get links". I click on that, and 3 or 4 types of links are shown (insert into email, insert into web, etc.). I choose the "insert into web page" option. Clicking on the links copies them to the clipboard, and then all I have to do is paste them in my xweb post. They don't actually show right away, it just looks like a bunch of HTML code. But when I post the thread to xweb, they show up.

Pete

Like Pete I use Photbucket.

But the basics are the same, copy the image link to your post using the image insertion tool (little mountain icon) and it should end up with on either side of the link in your post. Use preview to see how it looks.

Tip: When you use the image insertion link provided by photbucket, it includes the link in the post as well as the image. Careful editing can remove that.

I dunno about what these two gentleman are saying...

but I use the Postimage option I see just under the ImageShack option.

Looks like SOMETHING like this, as it won't copy into this post EXACTLY:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Add images using free Postimage.org Uploader After upload, the proper link will be inserted into your post

• Click to add image to post

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I know that some BROWSERS don't let you see certain picture posting options. I use Mozilla Firefox and these are ALL the options I see with MY browser:

Show your signature
Automatically parse links in text
Automatically embed media (requires automatic parsing of links in
text to be on).
Disable smilies in text

Select photos and videos to upload.
Browse

Upload

Add images using free Postimage.org Uploader After upload, the proper link will be inserted into your post

Click to add image to post

Thread Subscription

Notification Type:

Hopefully this helps... I remember using an Internet Explorer Browser and I could see this much. I can't find what Pete and others are saying about "clicking on Photo Bucket"... and if I could, I would.

The only thing I don't like about "Postimage" is when you expand the photo it will usually come up with some risque photo ads.

HTHs... would love to see your car.

Back