I don't think it is a Cali thing. This is the second one in about a year that I would call 'workable'. I think the other one (4 door Carbed, A/C but not working) went for around $4k. This guy obviously wants more. I can't recall others in the last 5 or so years other than the occasional molested boy racer 2 door.

These cars were disposable and until recently not vary desirable. In California they were plentiful up until the 25-30 year mark when they all got used up at the same time. Like any car really.

They still are not worth enough for me to replace mine with something else fun. Maybe at the 45-50 year mark.

Rust

The link says the car is sold.

I went through my 131/ Brava phase with three of them and they were all so rusty I shouldn't have put any of them on the road. 131s and Bravas were sold as family cars so that means they were disposable. Fiat quality and terrible rust means they got used up pretty fast. There are probably more 124 sedans and wagons around than 132/Bravas....not that there are many of either. It's funny how it takes 30 or 40 years for mundane cars to become collector treasures.

I look at my 128 wagon sometimes and just have to laugh, it's such a silly looking car but I'm having so much fun getting it ready for the road it doesn't matter. I never found my Bravas very much fun to work on, too complicated.

carl

Back