My Latest Spoiler Project

Mark

FIATFREAK
I've always wanted a duck tail spoiler, but never liked the ones that were available. So, I decided to design my own. I wanted one that would clear the rear Fiat badge and could be installed with no visible fasteners. I made one that can be installed with 3M trim tape used on most modern vehicles. This is still in primer:

Last edited:
Very Good Mark... I personally...

don't care for Duck Spoilers (on anything...) but yours hasta be the nicest I've seen. The angle makes it... Exposing the FIAT badge should not be a concern... in fact I would cover it. After all... THEY left US way back when...

HA!

So... what did you make it out of? Can we SEE the process? Do you plan on producing others... maybe with a 3rd Brake Light? Plenty to keep YOU busy and off the streets, huh!

Merry Christmas Mark, and thanks for posting!

I like the semi gloss nature of the paint as it ties it to the bumpers below.

Very nice design, great work!

I started by making a mock-up out of RC airplane foam and balsawood:

I then made a fiberglass mold and pulled a piece. I modified my original design by making it smaller and moving the spoiler to the very back of the deck lid. The underside of the spoiler is layed up directly on a spare trunk lid and the two pieces are bonded together for a perfect interface.

Yep... that's exactly what I did... (HA!)

Great work... and appears as a "Period-Correct" factory piece or some kind of an "ADDCO" option back in the day. Well done.

Let me know when they're ready to go!

I bought one from Bayless years ago with the intention of fitting it but it wasn't going to work. And I didn't like the idea of molding the fiberglass piece to the trunk lid because I know it's only a matter of time before it cracks from closing the trunk numerous times.

Back