Fiat 30 year collection FOR SALE

retco

Fiat X/19 Parts COLLECTION FOR SALE!! Long ISLAND. Includes 2 complete 1978s cars!(would need Total resto) Plus as many parts as a salvage yard may have. Would hate to scrap!!!! If interested call Ralph at 516-768-5486 after 12noon,, Thnx

FS&W rules require a price

Hi Ralph,

FS&W rules require a price to included in the post. In this case, you could list your dream price and let interested parties work a deal with you.

Thanks

2 Complete 1978 X/19 For sale

Thank you Jim D, New to site. Didnt know the rule .However I don't have a dream price. Had hopes that someone would make offer for both 1978 COMPLETE cars for parts.

Ralph... Welcome, even though you appear to be...

leaving the "hobby"...

Go here and post your items for sale:

http://xwebforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Click on "New Thread" just as you did here.

BUT... you really need to know for yourself what you'll take for the parts and the cars. If I said I'd offer you $10,000... you haveta know if you would accept that or not or that in your mind the least you'll sell it for is $12,000.

So look... Price something OUT OF THIS WORLD that you would love to have for something... but KNOW the MINIMUM you'll take to be happy or to get rid of it.

Look at some of the other sellers to see what they are offering for similar cars and parts. Also note that some just want to relieve themselves of parts and give them away just for the cost of shipping. Most ask a very FAIR price.

Lastly... to be successful do this:

1. Post a PHOTO... I find "Postimage.org" below the simplist and easiest to use.

2. Post a PRICE... As I said earlier, post the price you would love to have and KNOW in your mind what you will take. Also, there is no problem with re-posting and offering at a lower price until it sells.

3. Post your SHIPPING policy... You can say "Local Pick-up only", or "No Shipping outside the US"... remembering that you limit your audience that way. Even with the restrictions, be open to offers and what a buyer might say or do or spend to help you ship the part.

Always REMEMBER, the BEST transaction is when the Sellers get a little MORE than they were willing to let it go for, and the Buyers get it for a little LESS than they were willing to spend.

Here's a very good example of what I mean in all respects:

http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?posts/218931/

Dave then posted his parts in separate threads but only needed to post it in one. Note he posts a very fair price and gives his ZIP code so folks can calculate shipping or that they can give him their ZIP and he can do that for them knowing the weight and size. You can also see he is doing quite well.

I said LASTLY... but one other idea came to mind. You could contact Matt at Midwwest-Bayless, Chris at C.Obert & Co., or Andrew at Vick's Motorsports and see if they are interested in the entire lot.

HTH and looking forward to seeing you in the FS&W section and the stuff you have to offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back