Ferrambo... Some "Fiat owned" content...

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli
Way back in '96 Troy Trepanier pulled this 1960 Rambler Stationwagon out of a barn that had collapsed around it. After a couple of years he knew what to do and installed a 383 Chevy V8 and cruised all over America having a ball, winning trophies and establishing a new trend in Hot Rodding... "Pro-Touring on Steroids"! He called it quite appropriately, "RUMBLER"

I thought I was pretty knowledgeable in this arena but way back in 2008 this car slipped by me completely... I dunno the builders, Mike Warn and Tim Divers, but can only say they re-set the bar for the Ridler Award. They took a Rambler body-shell and then built a custom frame to accommodate a Ferrari 360 and six-speed in the cargo area.

Out side of the mechanicals and sheet metal, everything else was custom built.

More info and fotos here...

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/29/empty-the-401k-riddler-winning-ferrambo-up-for-sale/

Enjoy!

Timing

I was literally drinking at my local bar, this guy and I start talking cars. He said he works for Divers and helped build this wild Ferrari powered classic. We had a good chat, I dismissed it entirely.... Till now!

I once "dismissed" a fellow Sailor I served with...

when he told me he had a Hemi-head Conversion for an Early Ford Flathead... way back in 1968. I kinda thought this was some sort of one-upmanship-BS talk until he drove it to the Base.

1927 Dodge Touring body with a '49 Flathead Block, homemade headers and tube intake with twin 4 barrels, and a set of all aluminum ARDUN Heads! I was flabbergasted!

I learned real quick that Zora ARgus-DUNtov did a lot of hot-rodding before messing around at Chevrolet and Corvettes. And it was HE that wrote the officials at GM that they better get up to speed with the current wave of returning GI's that liked to play with hot rods and engines.

Back