A challenge for Bob Brown.....!

Ian,

Quit drinking that Auzzie piss you Kiwis call beer. It ain't going to happen. Especially if it's a '79 X that pops out of reverse when you want to back into a parking spot.

Think of something more practical, like a rust proofing and rust eliminating scan for the X. Just think of it as a RAT scan.:headbang:

Mike

P.S. Keep the jokes coming.

The Future?

While many are in awe of the technology, I for one find the lack of any such powered devices on our cars a major plus!

The new Alfa 4C is also one such car like our X's. I wonder if that will help or hinder sales. Most reviewers note the car as a "drivers car" but not much else.

I fear the future for 'drivers' is bleak...:sad:

Ian... we already have that feature and more here...

in the States...

Not only can folks park their cars via Iphone... they can drive them also. Take a peek at this collection of drivers as evidence... and this is only on my BLOCK as well!

https://www.google.com/search?q=images+of+texting+while+driving&client=firefox-a&hs=kBr&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&channel=sb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=q9l9VL_iKcmWigKt54HgDQ&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1440&bih=751#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=abJb_Y2tEFmuuM%253A%3B8jC_T3vDQB13oM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.okobserver.net%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F03%252FTexting.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.okobserver.net%252F2013%252F03%252F08%252Fbear-wrestling-is-banned-but-not-texting-while-driving%252F%3B1400%3B980

I think LA is in the forefront for this application...

HA... This photo looks like our own Anthony G on his way to an audition in Hollywood!

Am I right?

Before texting there were other things to distract drivers. I traveled for over 18 years and in that time saw some weird stuff. This being a family forum you can use your imagination to guess at some of it but a couple of interesting ones are the time the car passed us and the guy had playing cards spread across the dash playing solitar. I have seen several drivers reading books while going down the highway. Then there was the motorhome crash when the driver had to take a pee and traded places with his wife while going 70+mph. My dad worked on tractor trailers in the early fifties and told of a lady that was putting on makeup when she hit the back of a rig that was stopped. It was a Caddy convertible and he said there was an imprint of her lipstick lips that covered the total width of the rearview mirror. Those old mirrors were pretty big back then. I learned at a very early age to keep my eyes on the road. I had my drivers license about a week when I was going down the road on a drizzly day in my mom's 61 Dodge wagon (a real babe machine) when I spotted three cute girls walking along. I was ogling them when the expressions on their faces prompted me to look forward. I hit the brakes and skidded to a stop with the corner of a flatbed truck a couple feet from the windshield. I had the cajonas to ask them if they needed a lift which for some reason they declined. Since then I have tried my best not to let me be distracted while driving and think a lot of these new things are just adding to the average drivers ineptitudes. While I have not caused any accidents I have been hit buy distracted drivers. One was when a car with four teenage girls changed lanes and clipped the left rear corner of my X19. They all were on their phones doing whatever it is they do with their phones. Another was I avoided getting hit and I accused the guy of being on the phone but he said he was blowing his nose and his eyes were shut as if that made a differance. If there would be a useful app it would be one that gives the driver a dope slap every once in a while to keep them alert.

Mike, funny you should mention that........!

....Quit drinking that Auzzie piss you Kiwis call beer.....

Many, many years ago (way back when the first Ozzie cattle drovers were common-place in that fly-blown country of Oz), there was a team of cattle drovers working a herd of cattle from the inland towards the nearest town (500 miles away!)
The temperature was about 120 dgrs C. in the shade, and these guys were horrifyingly thirsty. One of these drovers had hidden away in his backpack one bottle of beeeoootiful NZ beer! :worship: (his Kiwi cousin had sent it to him for a Xmas present).
One night, when these dog-tired drovers had bedded down in the bush for the night, this guy sneaked his bottle of beer out of his pack and quietly sipped it all away during the night. Like all high-quality beers, it needed "getting rid of" during the night, so this guy "cleared his bladder" very early the next morning into the now-empty beer bottle.
When the team of drovers all woke up, and they were packing their bedding onto their horses, this guy's (now-full again) beer bottle accidentally fell onto the ground! There was an uproar from the other drovers, accusing this unfortunate guy of hiding his beer from his mates! They beat the sh*te out of this poor fella, and then each of them took turns at having a long swig from the bottle! :eek:.
One of the team looked at the label on the bottle and shouted " Look 'ere, mateeeys! Thees ees bluddy Kiwi beer!! Bluddy hell!"
They all agreed that was probably the BEST "beer" they had ever tasted!!
When they eventually got into the nearest town (2 weeks later) and hit the local pub, the original owner of the bottle of Kiwi beer "confessed" to his mates what had happened!
So, to end this TRUE tale, this is how the term "Aussie piss" came to be known - everyone who drinks Aussie beer swears to God that it tastes like it has been drunk once before!
Ask bmcK if this ain't the truth!! :music:

cheers, Ian - NZ

Ask bmcK if this ain't the truth!!

Unfortunately, Lawso speaks the truth. Crafting beer and playing rugby (not necessarily in that order) are the two greatest Kiwi virtues.

Back on track - I will only purchase the Bob Brown kit if it is plug-and-play - I don't want to cut any wires.

Brian

Ha! Yeah, that would be a challenge...

I've already got a bet going with a friend that by 2023, we will NOT have self-driving cars that run truly autonomous.
The bet: A self-driving car that navigates freely through traffic that is navigated by human drivers.
The bet is for dinner. I say "no way by 2023". But I told my friend that I'd buy him dessert too if his car drove me to the restaurant unattended. :happy:

Well now...

My first Question is Why?

Why does any company want to take on the Liability that this could present to them. How does it know if the parking spot is reserved or not, who gets the ticket. Also in many of the shots there was a device sitting on the pavement close to the curb. It is doubtful that this has anything that has to do with the parking garage as it is sitting on the road way waiting to be run over. It looks like some kind of remote visual sensor and transmitter.

The car proceeds slowly to the point that someone following it may just want to pass it.

I will have to side with Bob on this one. We are not there yet and not for a long time.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

Ian,

That's a great story. I have to remember it. I'm just a bit surprised that 2 weeks later when the truth became known, the original recycler of the beer didn't get the pulp beat out of him again.

By the way, I was only busting your chops over the challenge to Bob Brown, not the quality of NZ beers, which I have enjoyed before.

Everything's cool.

Mike

Back